ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cld783
    i was looking at the wrong thing, its not 2.47. i have no idea what it is yet cuz the tag i have looks more like a vin tag so im confused:
    still tryin to figure out why my digital cameras not being detected once i figure it out ill post a pic..
    If you can't read the numbers on the bottom of the axle tag try the top row of numbers/letters and post them. Don't worry about a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
      That tag looks oddly like the one on my car, and the pic I took of it..

--gadget73
      Yep, its from your car, sorry I forgot to mention it. I borrowed it from the thread I had when I asked the same question about the gears in my car.
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull
        (example: Y for a 3:27 open).
        Y is 3.08 open
        5 is 3.27 open

Just clearing this up.

On my '82, 3.08 isn't completely visible. All you can see is the 08. On the '87, 3.27 is completely visible on the axle tag.
        1990 Country Squire - under restoration
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

You are correct sir.I have the 5 code axle on my 87.

Comment

Sorry about that, I was tired when typing that, must have got something confused with the VIN number when I was reading my old thread about the same question. Been working too many hours lately and spending the rest of my time working on my car.

Checked my door tag again when I went to go lock my car up and its 5 for 3:27 open, at least I was right about that.
            Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
            2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
            Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
            Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

2FABP43F5GX219064 42
              1C WD 30F ZT 4

thats exactly what it looks like. it fell off or out of somewhere from my car... silver tag about the size of the vin, maybe it is a vin just like under the front windshield just hidden somewhere? i dont have my car here at the moment or id compare the one under the windshield.
              Last edited by cld783; 08-06-2006, 10:05 PM.
              Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

maybe this thread is all just a waste of time and its not even off my car lmao maybe it fell of the snowblower in the garage fuck i dunno. hahahaha
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

That is called a buck tag. It contains the VIN and some build info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                    You would be turning WAY too little RPM's for peak efficiency.
                    Speaking of which, what's the optimal RPM range for best efficiency? Stock non-HO engine is what I'm referring to, although I have the HO upper and better exhaust..

Comment

The 3:08s in my towny love 72-75mph, whatever rpms that is. My V.E. is kickin yo.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull
                        Yep, its from your car, sorry I forgot to mention it. I borrowed it from the thread I had when I asked the same question about the gears in my car.

LOL np man, i thought it looked familier but rear tags are rear tags. Feel free to use any pics I post. I get free bandwidth from my job.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                          My V.E. is kickin yo.
                          Eh?

Used to drive at about 75mph stock, now I had to slow down to 70mph.

Comment

Volumetric efficiency when she's usin what she sucks in the best.
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                            X