Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite way to fight traffic...

Just blast it out of the way...
    Many people call these cars 'boats' so why not add some boat horns?
    Loud as hell and no need to add the extra weight of an air tank to your panther.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
    previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

More details please!
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

shit, i gaddaq dig up the train horn site, where guys put them on there cars and drive around scaring people

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
        More details please!
        Those 2 cylinders you see are air pumps, got air hoses running from those to the horns. all wired to a lil red button by my headamp switch.

and they are behind the grill

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
        previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

Sounds like a great way to cause heart-attacks.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Those are nifty, my Grand Am has an older pair of Hella air horns that I love, the knock offs sound pretty bad. I used to have them on my first Grand Am and just swapped them over. The only good thing about the older install my brother did was that I could use the factory horn, the Hellas, or both with the flip of a switch mounted under the dash. The new way I just pull a fuse for inspection.
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

MrMarquis' train horns are still more better.

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                shit, i gaddaq dig up the train horn site, where guys put them on there cars and drive around scaring people
                yea lol, i want to get a little festiva or sumtin just to put those on and scare people with it lol

...or better yet, ship horns :evil:
                ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Those train horns are out of control lol. I need those for my delta, makes a panther look like a bitch.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Olds Delta 88?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I have two sets of semi horns. One is off of a 40 something mack, (or so I was told) but they sound more like a traditional two tone car horn, just REALLY loud.
                      The other set I picked up a while back at a yard sale. They are the big long chrome ones that everyone thinks of when you mention semi horns.

I'd love to mount them in my work truck and add separate buttons. I'd also like to install a small car "meeep meeep" type horn and mount it under the back bumper. You could make someone think that several people were honking at them by punching the different buttons.

It might be fun if you ever had a ricer behind you and a group of hells angels in front... Ok, not really, but it would make for a good bit in a movie.
                      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27