No announcement yet.

The F250 AKA "Pebbles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to own a 1980 Ford stepside with a 300 straight six, two barrel carb...
    Had a friend with the same identical truck, except his had the 302 two barrel... And it was about 300 pounds lighter, since it was a fleetside... the step sides are a little heavier...
    Anyway, I digress... I could walk off and leave him with that 6 cylinder.... It used to make him so mad!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Yeah Pete, I'm going from the 1bbl to a Holley 390 4bbl
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I knew something would go wrong, this was going way too smoothly.

Putting the oil pan back on, got to the three bolts in the timing cover. Two went in fine. Last one went in, and before I could put any real torque on it I hear "PING!" the hole in the cover stripped out.

FUCK.

Now what can I do? The whole pan is already on, can't really drill it out and tap it to the next size, doesn't look like enough material to grip to.

FUCK.

I hope someone has a good idea. This shit pisses me off.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
          I knew something would go wrong, this was going way too smoothly.

Putting the oil pan back on, got to the three bolts in the timing cover. Two went in fine. Last one went in, and before I could put any real torque on it I hear "PING!" the hole in the cover stripped out.

FUCK.

Now what can I do? The whole pan is already on, can't really drill it out and tap it to the next size, doesn't look like enough material to grip to.

FUCK.

I hope someone has a good idea. This shit pisses me off.
          Worse comes to worse let me know I've got 3 300's sitting in my garage. So if you need a replacement timing cover I can pull one.

Comment

Thanks mang! I'll let you know.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Well, I fixed my bolt problem. Had a bolt a little longer in my toolbox, it snugged up nice.

Unfortunately, the motor mounts I bought are wrong. Who knew the Koreans could fuck up something as simple as motor mounts. The holes are all wrong, the studs on the bottom are bigger than the original, and the left side mount hits the block in a couple places, making it impossible to get it flat against the block without grinding the shit out of it.

I hate this shit .
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Sweet! this thing oughta haul a few more balls once its straightened out
                I want an I-6 to play with now... they look so easy to work on!!!

Im worried about the asian-made motor mounts I bought for the 85... they look funny and one of em is missing one of the threaded parts...
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Just a taste
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Mmmmm!!!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Patiently awaiting vids...

Comment

Looking great! BTW, how many miles are on the engine?

-Rob
                        1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                        Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                        Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

mmmmmmmmm
                          but you know, yer gonna need a sexy new battry to go in it!

/rick

Comment

yumm ford blue

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Tomorrow is start day

Rob, not sure how many miles, it was rebuilt at some point, and it's not the original engine. The casting numbers on the block seem to point towards it coming originally from a car.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

I don't think your carb stud is long enough. :p

Looking great, mang!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X