Holley Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holley Carb

Is there a particular Holley carb that works best on a stock 302. Im gona get the 4 bbl intake manifold soon. I hope holley has a carb that will let me hook the lick down lever to. I have an AOD and I dont want it to die because of some makeshift linkage connection I make.
    Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
    sigpic

Not sure about the kick down connection on the holley, but I'm doing a carb/engine swap to replace the lopo with an HO. I will probably get the the Lokar cable to ease with the install. It's not cheap about $80 but i think it may be worth it for peace of mind.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Oh very true.
      sigpic

Comment

Where did you find that Locar kit?
        sigpic

Comment

Summit racing and Jegs offers it. I probably will get it from summit since im getting an intake and carb from them (edelbrock).

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Cool thanks bro
            sigpic

Comment

Those Lokar kits are incredibly cheesy. I've been entirely unimpressed with them. The adjustment on those things is just retarded. It uses an allen key to hold the cable into a clamp sort of arrangement. If the screw backs out, your TV pressure drops like a rock and the trans won't shift right. I'd probably look into figuring out how to make a factory TV cable or rod operate on an aftermarket carb. I put a lot more faith in the Ford engineers than aftermarket types that make shiny parts.

As for carbs, if you're running a stock spec 1982 302, a 390 or 500cfm is all you need with a basic dual plane intake. Even a stock 80s Mustang intake will fit the bill if you get one free or cheap.
              Last edited by gadget73; 05-19-2010, 11:10 PM.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Those Lokar kits are incredibly cheesy. I've been entirely unimpressed with them. The adjustment on those things is just retarded. It uses an allen key to hold the cable into a clamp sort of arrangement. If the screw backs out, your TV pressure drops like a rock and the trans won't shift right. I'd probably look into figuring out how to make a factory TV cable or rod operate on an aftermarket carb. I put a lot more faith in the Ford engineers than aftermarket types that make shiny parts.

I worry about mine all the time because of that tiny little screw.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I would probably suggest the holley street avenger 670 and a performer rpm intake for you

Comment

Ok, thanks man. Thats what I needed.
                    sigpic

Comment

when i put the 2BBL holley on my lincoln, i kept the factory TV rod and jerry rigged the linkage. its been good for the 4 years iv had it on there.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Even a stock 80s Mustang intake will fit the bill if you get one free or cheap.
                        Good luck. When I took it into my head that I wanted an '83-'85 stock 4V intake, I couldn't find anything for under $70 - very nearly as much as a used Performer 289 should be going for!

If going with the Lokar cables, remember that Summit sells the little TV adapter thing (to adjust the cable travel) under their house brand. I have the PN posted in a thread somewhere ....
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'd never pay more than like $25 for one of those stock intakes. They really are not that interesting. North of the $50 mark puts you into a lot of much better used aftermarket stuff.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Precisely. Though lots of swap-meet types won't hear of under $100 for a Performer, either. Bunch of greedy weirdos.

Curiously, I noticed a couple of Corral types offering Offy single planes for like $60.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I've got a Offenhauser Turbo-Thrust 360 tunnel ram single 4bbl for s/b ford sitting in my shed i'd give ya. It's tall!

Comment

Working...
                              X