Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint

Other than the look, does tinting really cut down of the heat inside the car during the hot summer days? I think I may tint the windows on my '91 GM this summer. Ziebart in Canada has been recommended...
    1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
    61,000 Miles
    1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
    52,000 Miles
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

yes and no. if you leave your car parked in the baking sun for 8 hours it will still be hot inside...however when i had my merc i had the tint that blocks like 98% of UV light.

When i was driving down the road i could feel the sun beating in my windshielf on my right arm, but if i had my drivers window up with the tint on it i couldn't feel the sun on my left arm. It did a hell of a job reflecting light!
    i\'m back bitches!

Comment

my buddies dad is a very good tint man, he does all the high end cars, jus he might be aways from you...newmarket.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i noticed a big difference in my cars

Comment

I think I'll get a few prices and get it done in the next few weeks.
          Thanks for the comments...
          1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
          61,000 Miles
          1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
          52,000 Miles
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

Comment

I just put 15% all around on the towncar. It protects the interior from the suns damage and keeps it cooler. Its true, I cant feel the sun beat down on my arm when the window is up and I don't have to run my a/c at max. I also don't worry about the sun fading and cracking my plastic and leather anymore. Tint rocks
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

It definitely keeps you cooler and as mentioned above protects your interior a bit. Go for it.

-Jeff-
              My CarDomain Page
              2002 P74
              Arizona Beige
              20% Tints All Around
              Tinted Tailights
              Clear Corners
              Sound System
              Leather Interior

Comment

My car is much cooler inside especially tinting the moon roof.

I just had mine tinted last week, I'm taking it back because they tinted over some dirt and pieces of scraped sticker. Also cut it to short in the corner so you can seet right through. alot of bubbles haven't went away yet.

I called and he gave me these reasone.
                1. Well some times you can't get all the dirt off of these old cars especially lincolns(buncha BS!)
                2. Theres weld spots that can get on the windows and you just cant get it off. It's black it's in the middle of the window, and there is no welding near the rear quarter window. It's tar anyways.
                3. This type of film shows imperfections.

Other than that it looks bad ass. I upgraded to mirror tint, but MK7s have SunX windows which are made with a UV protectent so they have a darker pigment.

Wish me luck, I may have to call the B.B.B.

Comment

Well some times you can't get all the dirt off of these old cars especially lincolns

Especially lincolns? That makes no fucking sense to me at all. What does it being a lincoln have anything to do with anything???

That is the worse fucking excuse I have heard. Lazy motherfuckers. They just don't want to do a thorough job and clean the windows. Fuckers.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

you're exactly right, he must think I'm an idiot.

I just got a $26 car wash for free tonight, complimentery for being a new resident. That's what they think. Came in the mail. So it's going to look good and they'll feel bad. If not I'll make them feel bad, with my fists. haha.

Comment

"you know them lincolns, filthy fucking cars they are" :bs:
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

if you can, try to make them pay to have your car tinted somewhere else, and at the new place make sure they know that they are redoing another tint places mistake that is being paid for.

Comment

ok the weld thing isn't BS...here's thre explanation

its technically a metal rub...when metal rubs glass it leaves small deposits in the glass itself...this is nearly impossible to get out without replacing the glass. So if the window is old there could be these metal rubs on them...

as for the old stickers and dirt...the guy was banking on you not caring. When i got my merc tin ted they did a really good job except for a horrible 1" gap on one side of the window...it was nasty looking...but my car died before i ever got it fixed.
                          i\'m back bitches!

Comment

I'm there at 9am doors locked I call the guy says it'll be open in a few. not untill 9:15 douche bag pulls up in a ricer hes the must be the manager, because he's been the one I've talked to and did the job.

He checks it out and says he'll fix it, Still feeding me bullshit about where they cut it to short in the corner is because of glue? Never seen glue that transparent. We'll see tomorrow I'll point it out better. I was nice the whole time, I don't want to piss off a guy who's fucking with my car especially with my defroster lines. Bubble won't go away that soon, weird they are only on the roll down windows and the edge. If they don't go away I'll have to bring it in again. Lifetime warranty.

Comment

Working...
                            X