What Rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Rims?

Ok right now I have steelies with hubcaps. I don't have a pic but if you click my sig and go and look at my exahust videos you will see them. They are the police type ones. Like they have on the new vics as well.

Shoudl I leave these... put the turbines back on.. or paint the turbines black and put them on?
    Steelie with hubcap?
    0%
    Turbine
    0%
    Black Turbine
    0%
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Black turbines, keep the centercaps chrome, and run RWL tires...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I was thining more of the line of no center caps.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

Plain ol' steelies work for me.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I like the steelie hubcap look. If mine was Vic Id sport it.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I like that style hubcaps.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Hawk, what looks are you going for - more civilizes, or more hot-rod? For the civilized use steel wheels, for the hot-rod paint the turbines black and use chrome hubcaps. Turbines with no center caps look like shit (on a TC at least), unless they are the not-so-often-seen type designed to be used without a center cap. Regular turbines I don't think will look good on your car, and without center caps they'll be even worse.

Comment

Honestly I hate the center caps. I never drove with a set on my Vic. I just ran the turbines...but honestly I think the black turbines with some dog dish caps will look much more tough than painted turbines.

Comment

For a Vic I'd say just plain black steelies.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Eventually when I get all the mechical stuff I want to do a Americna Racing Outlaw II or somethign similar. Right now I'm looking into putting some police spot lights in in the future...So maybe I will keep the steelies with caps.

I just wanted to maybe do some black turbines for shit's and giggles.

4 Door Muscle
                    Supermotors

Comment

Working...
                    X