Help! Internal Water leak :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Internal Water leak :(

Well, I had water leaking for a while on both sides of the car. I sealed the windscreen up earlier this year and thought I had cured it...well I did on the driver side.

I had left the car to stand, in a car park for just under a week, and when I went back to it today the PASSENGER footwell was full of water

So I got as much out as possible. Ive tried looking for where the water might be coming in

Had a look up towards the heater blower motor? (above passengers feet)

And theres water on the bottom of the blower. Cant see anything else. Its coming in pretty quick

So I opened the bonnet (popped the hood) and had a look along the scuttle panel (bulkhead area) but there wasnt a great deal of water around here.

I opened up the plastic cover in the corner but couldnt get my head in to see directly in... so took a picture.

Should I have water in here when it rains heavy? It looks to me like the water has been draining out of here and into the passenger footwell as the water level was lower than it had been (if that makes any sense?)
    Is there a rain drain thats blocked? If so, where is it? Any ideas?
    Cheers folks
    1976 Manta B coupe
    1987 Manta 16v Hatch
    1978 Series 3 Ambulance
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    2006 Mondeo ST TDCi

there is a drain in the bottom of that. If its clogged, it will dump into the car. Worth checking to make sure its clear.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cheers. I'll get the air line down there in the week, give it a blast through and see what happens.
      1976 Manta B coupe
      1987 Manta 16v Hatch
      1978 Series 3 Ambulance
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      2006 Mondeo ST TDCi

Comment

yea +2 on clogged drains

also make sure all grommets on and around the firewall are in place

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
        X