Cup holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cup holders

Can you put a newer style cup holder in a 1992. I see the later model have them in the ash tray.

I believe 93 and 94 MGM had cup holders in the ashtray which should fit all the way back to 1990 MGM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ght=cup+holder

I don't believe 95 and up will work, as far as I know the ashtrays were redesigned in 95.
      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Yes, the 93/94 GM cup holders will fit the 92.
        The best cup holders/ashtray are in whales 93+, but I haven't tried to put on of those in a 92-94 yet.
        They may work, but they may not??

Comment

my 93 didn't have them... had to swap out. You'll need the mounting plate too as the slide rails are different.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            my 93 didn't have them... had to swap out. You'll need the mounting plate too as the slide rails are different.
            That's what I've gathered that it was an optional feature. Good to know about needing the mounting plate. I've been thinking of swapping the cup holder ashtray into my 91 MGM for a while, but don't think I had come across anyone who mentioned this yet.
            Since the cup holder ashtray is not a necessity I haven't bothered to get one yet... but now that my wife broke the stock ashtray after getting my nephew's diaper bag caught on it the other day, I now have an excuse for getting one and she can't say anything about it since she broke it!
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

If I wanted some cup holders I'd just buy some cheap hang on the window type ones rather than go through swapping them out. Because if the aero cup holders are anything like the cup holders in my 2000 Town Car then they aren't that great. They hold a soda can just barely. Just my $0.02
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

yeah, that's what they're like, but they're better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by fmansfield444 View Post
                    If I wanted some cup holders I'd just buy some cheap hang on the window type ones rather than go through swapping them out. Because if the aero cup holders are anything like the cup holders in my 2000 Town Car then they aren't that great. They hold a soda can just barely. Just my $0.02
                    From the pics that I have seen that's what I figured. I already have the window hanging ones, but since I need a new ashtray anyway I might as well spring for the cup holder version. Besides I have no need to use the ashtray for ashes anyway.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I have two of the 93-94 style, one in grey and one in that weird aero blue/green, with tracks.
                      I can't promise that the rubber 'coasters', the felt bits that snuggle the cups, or the ashtray insert are there though.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                      X