Interior panel fasteners on Box LTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior panel fasteners on Box LTC

I need to re fit my panels and am looking for good (not used) panel fasteners. Where does everyhbody get these things?
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

These?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16ZHJFoE9nh6pNWjBQgQpfgfzw~~60_57.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	1272319

Found that picture here: on Ebay

I've never looked for them before so I'm not sure where you can find them other than on line, maybe Autozone, Napa, etc.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Well the ones on the door now are pretty worn down and not fastening properly. I figured that buying them online is cheaper but I just got to make sure they are the right ones. I would think that SOMEONE here wen through this

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Would anybody happen to know this is the correct part number for these cars? 1989 Lincoln Town Car?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

no clue what the part number is, but that looks exactly like the ones on my boxes (the 88 MGM and the 82 Lincoln).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I guess for six dollars, what the heck, right?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I got them at the parts store, that area where they've got the odd bits.

Pete
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

How much do they run for there??

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were more than $6 for 25 but I needed them NOW

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

yeah I never manage to plan effectively enough to buy them online. Always gotten the big pack from Advance. One big box is enough to do a door and have some leftover.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      yeah I never manage to plan effectively enough to buy them online. Always gotten the big pack from Advance. One big box is enough to do a door and have some leftover.
                      This, except auto zone, seem to work fine.
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

What is the thus you are describing?

I went to autozone, and they onnly had a small box of them and it looked too small for the hole
                        Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                        This, except auto zone, seem to work fine.

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

He was saying there weren't enough to cover a whole door. Pepboys has a few that have an assortment. But they don't match the original stuff unless you do some modifications to the clips.

Comment

I bought mine at "Budget Bolt " on Rosedale Highway in Bakersfield Ca. They shipped them to me. I bought a whole box, 50 pcs. Brand name is Au-ve-co products. Part number is 17102. They are called trim panel retainers. They are large head Dia 3/4 . stem length 1in .Mine are white in color.
                            You might check bolt or fastener suppliers if you don't want to deal with the above supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              I bought mine at "Budget Bolt " on Rosedale Highway in Bakersfield Ca. They shipped them to me. I bought a whole box, 50 pcs. Brand name is Au-ve-co products. Part number is 17102. They are called trim panel retainers. They are large head Dia 3/4 . stem length 1in .Mine are white in color.
                              You might check bolt or fastener suppliers if you don't want to deal with the above supplier.
                              These look similar to what you're talking about:
                              http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...Id=&rfqLineId=
                              AU-VE-CO PRODUCTS
                              Manufacturer Part No.: 16017
                              $23.91 for a box of 100 (plus whatever they charge for shipping).

Or look them up and see if fastenal has a near by location.
                              Last edited by VicCrownVic; 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM.
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                              X