Remove trim at the . . uh . . A-pillar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove trim at the . . uh . . A-pillar?

Ok, so I don't know if it's actually called that.

Anyway, since I've gotten the car, at higher speeds, something in that diagonally angled pillar, the part between the door and the windshield, rattles around inside.

Now, that piece, from what I can see, has a phillips-head screw. Great, I can unscrew that.

BUT . . it then branches into a sort of bent-T-shape at top, and goes UNDER two other pieces, one to either side, which are NOT held on by screws.

So, how do I remove the part I want without bending/breaking other pieces?
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

can you post a quick pic?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The two pieces you are talking about are at the top of the windshield and top of the door right?
      Last time I messed with those was at least 5-6 years ago, I think the one at the top of the windshield is just clipped on but I could be very wrong... by the time I get out of work to take a look at mine I'm sure someone will have an answer though.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Firm grasp on the one above the windshield and pull down. Same with one above door. Remove dash pad and then you can fish out the a pillar trim.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
        X