Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket seats in a 91' box

Hi,

I've got a 91' grand marquis LS and I'm getting pretty sick of my bench seats in the front and how they like to inch forward and backwards while I'm driving (I also want the extra room in the center). I'm looking for some good racing style bucket seats like Sparco's with 2 harness entry points at the shoulder. I also want to get completely rid of the electrically adjusted seats and just have it all manually adjusted. Any suggestions for type/brand? Do I need to do anything with the wiring for the bench seats when I pull them out/will it effect the airbag? What do I need to worry about with the brackets?

Also just wondering if anyone here runs a 5/6 point harness.
    1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

no worries with pulling the stock seats out... just disconnect the two wire power leads. You'll need to source some manual tracks if you want to go that route. the wiring will not affect the airbag. The smart ones were never put in vics I don't think... and if they were, not till well into the next millennium. As for seats that will fit... no clue. I'd say find some fleet seats and grab those tracks and measure them for mount points, then order seats to fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Perfect, thanks for answering my questions! After looking around a bit more I think I might go with some Corbeau A4's and see if I can get some used. They also make brackets to fit in crown vics which I assume is the same fitment.
      1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

Dear Panthers,

Useful discussion.Thanks. I'd like (a) to better my chances of surviving a collision in my 89CP and (b) let the passenger seat recline to make a bed. Might be the Corbeau's would solve both needs. I'll get out the measuring tape. Donald

Comment

Working...
        X