Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will a rear seat bottom from an 06 & up fit an 89 or older?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a rear seat bottom from an 06 & up fit an 89 or older?

I know the pattern is different but will it fit properly?

Thanks,
    Jay
    Last edited by jaywish; 02-04-2012, 12:03 AM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

how about 92 and up fitment with 89 or older?
    Jay
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Should bolt right up.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

which ones?
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

yes. the hangers and bolt locations are the same in aeros and boxes at least. (I don't have access to whales, so dunno about those.)

and I think the keepers on the lower seat are in the same place too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Again
            Jay
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

You won't be able to change the back rest of the seat, the wagons are totally different since they are able to fold down. You may be able to get away with the bottom half, as long as the mounting points are the same.

Comment

oh wagon... yeah... backrest is way different.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes, the backrest is unique to wagons. I was considering cheap ( played out or damaged) 06+ seats in conjunction with a leather skin kit. It would have required that the rear seat back be done by an upholstery shop to match.

As things just worked out I am going with a couple of highly recommended Dominicans working out of their apartment to do a leather recover on my old 1986 seats. Somtimes these things work out really well & sometimes they go sideways. Either way I will post updates.

To day I ordered the leather, vinyl and thread. Then went to visit Pete in Ct. where we removed my existing seats and bolted in a later model tempoary seat for the driver. As most of you probablyy know, they don't fit without modification so this one is just in with one bolt and wood blocks. I smacked my head getting in as it is way too high but it will work for awhile. I just hope these fellows do a good & prompt job. They seem good so far. Time will tell. I should probably snap a few pics and start a thread.

Jay
                  Last edited by jaywish; 02-11-2012, 07:05 PM.
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                  X