Another seat belt tensioner question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another seat belt tensioner question?

I think alot of people have the same problem: My tensioners all 4 of them dont tension at all. Is it possible to fix them somehow?
    “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Only thing I know about is the situation where the retract-when-the-door-opens button gets stuck. On my two-door, neither front belt would retract at all when I first got the car, but removing the button thing and cable made them work fine. Though come to think of it, it's supposedly the cable that's problematic, and four-door front belts don't have the cable. Hm.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Strange on my 2 door the button broke off. Had to jam the cable up in the cables sheath to get the retract to work. Now it works door open or closed.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

^^^ I had not seen that! I wonder if it works on a Cavalier seatbelt that quit retracting, as opposed to spending $95 on a replacement like we did?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thinking about it some maybe I did pull the cable out and lock it in that position using a locking sleeve. Tried to find a replacement but seems the 2 door panthers are unique.
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

why is that NOT a sticky?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X