Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newer seats, but at what price?

Hi All,

My wagon's leather seats (donated from an 86) are shot. I went to a junk yard in the Bronx today that specializes in Town Cars with a minor in CV/GM. They had a pretty nice set of GM leather seats that show some minor wear. After discussion they ended with offering them for $550. The owner offered to trade the seats for my my wagon. He didn't realize the seats were for the wagon.

The back seat would be a problem as I would have to find a competent upholstery guy to custom refit the rear seatback leather from the donor to the wagon.

I'm torn between that and trying to go for replacement of the skins. Any thoughts folks?

This is something I have been putting off for years now and I've finally decided to do something about it.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Any chance of merely covering them or are the "guts" of the seats shot too? Where in the Bronx are the JY's you are talking about? I grew up in Pelham Parkway so I still remember the area....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

i can get a whole interior from the j/y for a $100CDN lol. i did this for my lincoln a few years back. and when i bought seats for GMGT and my brother old marquis a couple years back, i paid $50CDN/ set. prices havent changed either. so, i would wait and keep looking.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Hi,

The yard is Amperto on Washington Ave. My foam is not that bad as the seats have only split in one spot but the leather is bad and going to go all over very soon. They were salvage seats and had a bad case of mold. Which came off with bleach but left some stains. I'm trying to make the car nice enough so my wife is willing to ride in it again.

I've never seen a salvage yard around here part with nice leather seats for $100, at least not since I was a kid a long time ago. Damn NY prices. Still I thought that price might be a little high. I would have been very happy at around $300. I think they were from an 04 or so. The front end was mashed.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yeah, I know where that JY is. As for the seats, maybe cleaning them well (any mold, though is an issue) and finding good covers will get the job done? Would certainly save you a lot of work!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Just saw several seat covers on EBAY. Maybe go see what you think??

Comment

Wow. I got two front seats and a back seat out of a 96 that were perfect, leather ones too that matched my interior for $100 installed
              79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
                Wow. I got two front seats and a back seat out of a 96 that were perfect, leather ones too that matched my interior for $100 installed
                Sounds like a GREAT deal! Time for "Jay" to move to Canada!!

Comment

If I was closer it sure would be worth a vacation. I've been bugging Marie to vist Niagra Falls.
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Leather seats are hard to find in good condition, BUT that price is way too high!

Comment

$550 is too much!!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                      X