Seats in the 91....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seats in the 91....

I'll have the new 50/50 seats installed by the first of the year... It was a pain to find the 90 - 91 tan color cloth, since they only made that color for 2 years... I'll have the tan CLOTH seats, should be much more comfortable! The 50/50 seats were in the car originally, but the ones in it were junk... Evidently the officer that drove the car was a big guy... ALL of the springs were busted in it, including the back part... So it would have cost alot to redo them. I installed some 40 / 40 buckets out of a 92 Crown Vic, (They were optional in 91) I finnally found a pair of the original type seats in another policecar about 6 months ago, but they are faded bad, (almost white!) So I am having them recovered in the original cloth, (Not velor) The guy that does all of my upholstery work finnally found a guy with 5 1/2 yards... For 39.00 a yard. A little pricey, but it is the only material we could find in this color, with enough to do the seats... and have a little left over just in case... The owner of the shop is doing the work himself... For about $550.00, including the cloth.

When he does a set of seats, he takes them all the way down to the frame, cleans the frame up, paints the frame and then rebuilds the seat from the frame up. I can't wait to get them back, get them installed, and put the original radio mount in for the two way radios. Then the car will be totally correct, from the ground up.... The way it was when the Sheriff's Office first bought the car.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Here are some photos of the seats...

This is the original set and how the radios were mounted when I got the car... I have made a mount to mount them the same way, but without drilling holes like the Sheriff's Office did... (I welded the holes up when I pulled the old carpet, to replace it) It will be like the new consoles, and utilize the seat bolts...I'll shoot pictures when I get to that point...

When I first got the car... (The first day I had it) The seats actually look gold because of the flash, they are the tan color like the rest of the interior....

The new seats. You can see how faded they are... Soon to be all cloth!

Also, it looks like the seat bottom springs are shot, but they aren't... the foam is shot, causing the wrinkles in the vinyl. When I first saw them I thought they were as bad as my old seats... but they are in good condition as far as the springs etc...
    Last edited by trwp72; 11-17-2011, 09:00 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Working...
    X