O_o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O_o

So I'm driving home in my Grand Marquis...and the fuse box cover falls off.

So now I know where the fuses are, which is awesome because I suspect one of them might be blown.:smirk:

Act of God?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Well if so, God's messing around with me. It happened again this morning.

Incidentally, if the passenger side power seats aren't responding at all would it be a fuse?

Comment

if one power seat works, but the other doesn't... it's either the power connector under the seat got knocked off or the power workings of that seat are screwed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well if the internal components are fried, can they be replaced/repaired?

Comment

it's just switches and motors. Might try cleaning the contacts and such first. The switches may just be caked with crap. I've rebuilt the 6-way transmissions in the seats before... it's not that hard... but keeping the casings intact can be difficult - old plastic likes to crack. The innards are usually plastic gears and such, so missing teeth can be an issue as well. The motors may also just be worn out or seized up, but once you have the workings apart... you'll be able to tell pretty quick which it is.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

It turns out someone had disconnected the fusible link to the passenger seat. Reconnecting it fixed the problem.

Now, I've discovered that my turn signals and sometimes 4-ways come on solid instead of blinking. What could this be?

Comment

loose bulbs in the tail lights. when they do that... let them stay solid. if they blink after about 2 minutes... there's a bulb out or loose bulb somewhere. otherwise... the flasher is probably the issue. It could also be the multifunction switch in the column needing a good cleaning.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking of just buying a new electronic Flasher unit from NAPA.

I wanted to thank you slymer for your responses.

Comment

I hope that's the issue. it's definitely the most probable one.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                      I hope that's the issue. it's definitely the most probable one.
                      I changed out the flasher. The signals blink once again, but now I'm wondering if it's picking fights with my other fuses.

Comment

if they pop... then maybe... if the fuses are not popping... then no.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                          if they pop... then maybe... if the fuses are not popping... then no.
                          See my other thread here in Interiors...I keep losing the fuse that controls my idiot lights.

Comment

Working...
                          X