Das PRNDdL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das PRNDdL

Well...i discovered that the collar that controls the little needle on the dash is broke...and then i broke it more....but i fixed the orientation of the needle!
    Um and my curiosity got the best of me with my ig lock cylinder. It wont accept my key and turns without key haha.
    Anyway anyone know what i should do about that collar?
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis ls-302 CFI
    Carb swap planned .
    c90 heads
    475 lift cam
    Weind stealth intake(looking for reasonable air gap or manifold for 2bblsidedraft)
    Built aod(want c6 tryin to fin vac mod model)
    331 stroker kit
    Work in progress

zipties, unless it's completely in pieces.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

ziptie the collar... and he ignition you pull the plastic off the steering column and push a pin to pull it out with it turned
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

yep, turn the cylinder one click forward, push the pin in, and slide it out.

If the collar is totally fubar, they were available new from Ford as of about 2 years ago for 20 bucks. I haven't tried to buy one since, so I dont know if any are still in the system.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

okay thanks alot guys. should i just call the dealer about that collar?
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis ls-302 CFI
          Carb swap planned .
          c90 heads
          475 lift cam
          Weind stealth intake(looking for reasonable air gap or manifold for 2bblsidedraft)
          Built aod(want c6 tryin to fin vac mod model)
          331 stroker kit
          Work in progress

Comment

could get lucky at salvage yard... thing is you need a warm day so plastic can bend easier instead of cold brittle plastic
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

go to the dealer. Don't call them. You may have to try a couple to find one with a good parts guy. Some places have a lousy parts manager that cant or won't look up stuff for older cars.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^ very good advice.

I know the place I worked at a couple years ago would have not bothered with you on the phone, but could find almost anything if you came to them and made it clear you weren't leaving without the part.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by Merc302 View Post
                  okay thanks alot guys. should i just call the dealer about that collar?
                  Yeah, go to the dealer. I got one for my car a few years ago, granted, the vic, grand marq, and towny ones are different though. But I think mine was like the 3rd one left in the system when I bought it.

Comment

I put a hose clamp around it to hold it together after epoxy seems to be working good.
                    sigpic
                    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

The key lock can be had at most autoparts stores... then go to a locksmith to have it rekeyed to your keys... (Usually costs about $20.00 or less) Get it fixed before the key lock jams completely... which it will do eventually... had one do that, cost me about $100.00 to have it drilled out, and replaced...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

if you have a nice pair of small needle nose, a clean work area, patience, and steady hands, you can re-key it yourself by swapping the pins over from the old one. That's what I did with my 93 Vic when I had to change that key cylinder. Wasn't that hard really.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                        X