p71 bucket seats fit a grand marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p71 bucket seats fit a grand marquis?

hey guys iam sure some has asked before but i cant find anything if they did. ok i want to switch out my split power bench seat for some p71 pucket seats. theres nothing wroung with my seats but i just want puckets. will the p71 seats fit in 87 grand marquis and if so witch year thanks guy any help would be great
    sigpic1987 grand marquis

The floorpans changed slightly in 1990, and the 1990/1991 boxes will accept the later seats (I have '04 seats in mine), but the older (1989 back) ones will not. You could find a set of the 'rare and elusive' P72 bucket seats, like the oens I had in my '88. They are very comfortable and look quite nice in there as well.

Of course, you could make some modifications to the seat tracks to make them work, but as far as a bolt in deal, that is a no go.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i have 01 seats in my 79 ltd, just needed a couple modifications

Comment

The 87 seat tracks will not fit the P71 seats. You might need to drill holes in the seat tracks for the P71 seats to get them to fit.

Comment

yea that what i was think to. kind of bonceing idea around right now. was talking to to the wife about it to she almost always rideing shotgun so ask what she thought witch was my frist mistake seeing has my car will soon be a weekend warrior and not a daily driver. she says she hate pucket seats so i going to do it anyway lol cause like i said it going to be a weeekend warrior sooon and she will not be in it much. well how hard would it be to drill the hole or are there other cars i can use to find pucket that will bolt in mind u i dont care to lose this power option so for some weird reson power seat where never all that high in my book
          sigpic1987 grand marquis

Comment

Originally posted by KING BIOHAZERD View Post
            yea that what i was think to. kind of bonceing idea around right now. was talking to to the wife about it to she almost always rideing shotgun so ask what she thought witch was my frist mistake seeing has my car will soon be a weekend warrior and not a daily driver. she says she hate pucket seats so i going to do it anyway lol cause like i said it going to be a weeekend warrior sooon and she will not be in it much. well how hard would it be to drill the hole or are there other cars i can use to find pucket that will bolt in mind u i dont care to lose this power option so for some weird reson power seat where never all that high in my book
            just drill so that the tracks for the seat can bolt to the floor.

Comment

mike's 87cp's p72 has the uber rare stock box buckets

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Working...
                X