Lock Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
    I hear it working so I think the rod just fell out.
    Those plastic clips break after long use, especially if the rod is bent or it's been played with a lot, they will break. The original one is orange

Comment

Yea i figured that'd be the case, luckily I know the rod's not been messed with much. From what I recall being in the doors over the years I always remembered them being that yellowy beige plastic, like ant anti-theft cover thing over the latch but I could be mistaken. If it's broken or looks like it's going to keep popping out I might just use some good ole' zip ties to help keep it in place. I just want to get it fixed before my to-do list grows again.
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Yea i figured that'd be the case, luckily I know the rod's not been messed with much. From what I recall being in the doors over the years I always remembered them being that yellowy beige plastic, like ant anti-theft cover thing over the latch but I could be mistaken. If it's broken or looks like it's going to keep popping out I might just use some good ole' zip ties to help keep it in place. I just want to get it fixed before my to-do list grows again.
        Parts places do sell them, brandy new.

Comment

Yea? I thought it was a Ford thing, you're talking about the clip the rods from the actuator hooks into right?
          sigpic
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Yea? I thought it was a Ford thing, you're talking about the clip the rods from the actuator hooks into right?
            yes, those clips. They don't look exactly like the originals but they work the same. If they keep breaking, make sure your rod isn't bent, my rod was like that on the drivers side and it would break those clips a lot.

Comment

Thanks, that's really good to know. I'll probably try and pick some up then since they can get sketchy in 20+ year car. I still don't know what's up with mine yet cause I haven't popped the panel off. Hopefully soon though, I'm hoping the drivers side weatherstripping comes in so I can just finish up with that door and get over to the pass side.
              sigpic

Comment

Found my problem, actuator rusted and seized. Disconnected it and removed it. It turns out the rod for the door lock simply popped out of it's clip. It's all good now, I'm gonna go try and pick up an actuator tomorrow.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it figured out, I was pretty sure that's what it'd be because it's happened to me twice now. You getting and eBay actuator?
                  sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you got it figured out, I was pretty sure that's what it'd be because it's happened to me twice now. You getting and eBay actuator?
                    Maybe. Not sure yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X