Need Floormats, Any Suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Floormats, Any Suggestions.

I need to get some floor mats for the CV because the old one is bunching up under the brake and gas pedals. I've tried to heat the mat up and press it, but it always ends up crinkled. So, I would like to get a Ford Racing floor mat or something. Do they have them in blue instead of black and do they have any that have a larger Ford Racing logo than the ones I see in the catalog? Thanks as always for any and all suggestions!!!!

Packman

Check Advance or Autozone, they usually have a nice selection of thick rubber Ford floor mats, in a lot of different styles.

I have never had the problem of my stock floor mats bunching up under the gas pedal, like some others have, they do slide forward a little though.

I've thought about trying to Mod the stock floor mats like some of the newer cars, with the Metal Hook & Ring system, to hold the mats in place. It would only involve Piecing a hole in the corner of the mats, installing one of the Metal rings, crimping it in place, and then somehow finding a way to attach the Hook to the carpet or floorpan in the correct place.

I could come up with interior Mods for days.....

Comment

A trick I use it to install a couple grommets in the end close to the seat and Quick Tie them to the seat frame.
      2000 Grand Marquis LS
      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
      Mercury Owners Group member
      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Someone here has has a nice set similar to the ones I'm using from my Dad's Grand Prix (Upper ones in pic) but they are marked Ford or Ford Racing. I'm not sure who makes them but I think they are some of the best I've seen.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I saw some Ford Racing rubber/vinyl floor mats in JC Whitney and I was thinking of getting them, but I decided not to. The reason is that I don't want the interior to scream "break into me"; which is why I am going to install black faced guages under the dash. I got the floor mats that were in Summit instead.

Packman

Comment

Get thick, pliable rubber mats for the winter. I have some in mine now. You must beware though; they can split and the melted snow will pass through a split and soak the carpet. Thats what causes rusted floors and such. I actually have two rubber mats on the drivers side (I'm the only one in the car most of the time) to prevent any chance of a soaked carpet.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              I need to get some floor mats for the CV because the old one is bunching up under the brake and gas pedals. I've tried to heat the mat up and press it, but it always ends up crinkled. So, I would like to get a Ford Racing floor mat or something. Do they have them in blue instead of black and do they have any that have a larger Ford Racing logo than the ones I see in the catalog? Thanks as always for any and all suggestions!!!!

Packman
              Does your mats have the cleat like things on the bottom?

Comment

i always liked the 2 sided ones where one side is carpet and the other is rubber, nice thing about them is they are think and got weight so they dont move around and get bound up behind the pedals.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                X