No announcement yet.

Painting dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Landyacht.. I like that dash cluster.. any closeups? I have wanted to see someone do that to a panther dash for some time... I always wanted to do that, but mount it behind the bezel.... so it still looks pretty stock....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
      You wanna see a major project dash,with enough wires to confuse almost anyone from just looking at it.

Take a look at the inside of the Dash of a 92 Towncar w/ Digidash. Good God!
      like this?

sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
        like this?

That is child's play,compared to the inside of a late model Lincoln Digidash,trust me.

Comment

like this?

I wish the dash wiring in my Lincoln were that simple!!!!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
            SEM can be found at auto body shop supply places or here:

color chart:

on the internet.....

They also have it in pints, quarts etc... if you have a jamb gun to use to spray it...

Just make sure you get some 3M surface cleaner... that removes grease and oil etc....

And maybe some adhesion promoter, to help it stick even better...
            (I have used it with out the adhesion promoter, and it seems to stay on very well...)
            About 6 months ago I emailed SEM and requested a color chart. They shipped it for free and I got it in about 3 days. I still have it too .

Comment

like this?

You know, I just noticed that the retainers in that picture are mostly cup-shaped, except for that on the speedo, which is still fairly wide. Mine are almost all just bent pieces of aluminum and not very wide, with flimsier two-piece cad-plated steel brackets for the tach and speedo. They work okay, but they're not as nice. Are yours the regular retainers that come with the gauges now?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

HONESTLY, I WOULDNT DO THIS WITH THE DASH STILL IN YOUR CAR FOR MULTIPLE REASONS. I PUT CRUSHED VELVET OVER MY DASH/DOOR PANELS, AND HEADLINER, AND THE DASH, I CHOSE TO DO INSIDE OF THE CAR. IF YOU DONT TAKE IT OUT,YOU WILL SEE AREAS (FROM THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR CAR) NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDSHIELD, THAT ARENT PAINTED, OR IN MY CASE, CRUSHED. IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING TO TAKE IT OUT, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Comment

turn your caps lock off. Please.
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                  91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                  93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                  Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                  Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                  95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Also, on the 1990 and 1991 Mercs and Fords.. The WHOLE DASH is one piece.. it is about a 4 hour removal... and a pain in the ass... That is why i made my own dash mat on my 91, and used the spray 3M contact spray cement to glue it down... it was sort of a pain, but came out looking nice...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X