Gauge placement problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge placement problem

The problem I have is that i have anew oil press., volt, and temp. gauges and NO place to putem, i was wanting to re-rout the stereo wires under the dash, build a custm/factory lookin console put the cd player and cb on the tranny hump, an put the gauges in the now open slot, which is a perfect fit...

And im tryin to find out if i can change the shifter from the steering column to the floor.....
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

what kind and what year of car are we talking about here? Might be able to get your hands on one of the old police gauge packages that goes above the glovebox.

A few people have done floor shift swaps, MrLandYacht, MeLikeyStripperChicks and 87LTDMasta have automatic floor shifts. Not sure who else might have one.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

he's got a 91 i think.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

if you dont mind hacking the dash like I did in the 91, you can fit three in place of the clock i betcha
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

When in doubt, gauges under da ashtray. Or if you'd be up to it, put them in the instrument panel

Comment

car

My vic is a 1991 CV PI72, 351w-5.8L, AOD, 2.73's
            Im wantin to put a floor shifter in an re-do the engine to a 393 stroker (4" Crank, 6.2" rods, etc)
            Id like to put the gauges where the cd player was, and put the cd player and CB under the ashtray.....

Comment

if you can deal with the cd player lower, by all means do it

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
                My vic is a 1991 CV PI72, 351w-5.8L, AOD, 2.73's
                Im wantin to put a floor shifter in an re-do the engine to a 393 stroker (4" Crank, 6.2" rods, etc)
                Id like to put the gauges where the cd player was, and put the cd player and CB under the ashtray.....
                Not sure how much a later box's dash compares to mine. Quite a few of us have discussed keeping the radio in the stock location and mounting the gauges below the ashtray. In my Vic, also a P72, I deleted the ashtray entirely. If my radio were mounted lower it'd probabbly be pretty hard to get to.

Comment

dash

im might do that, delete the ash tray, FG the console to the dash, factory look, add a spot fer a hurst floor shifter, an put the CB/cd player, ashtray on a horizontal position, blueprints later tonight, and still put the gauges where i said...

Comment

heres the IDEA i had for it,have to check cardomain.com/ride/2875507

Comment

linky

heres the link for my CD page an the plans cadomain.com/ride/2875507/9

Comment

heres the link for my CD page an the plans cadomain.com/ride/2875507/9
                        Ah, I see. An older Ferrari Mondial I knew of had the CD head mounted at that angle and skipped like a bitch on two different head units. Hopefully modern day CD player tracking has much improved. You work at Arby's, eh? What's good (or something to avoid) there, LOL. How do you starve working at a fast-food place?

Comment

I have this set up (gauges where the radio once resided). See my post in this thread for pics:
                          Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.

Also check my readers ride thread for more pics. My radio is in the glovebox, in case you're wondering. I love having just the gauges on the dash; looks very clean, IMO.

BTW, nice to have another P72 around here; I have a '90 P72 351, AOD, 2.73 open.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

food

heres what i do for FREE SUBS...
                            1-Buy 2-4 EMPTY LARGE cups/ice, etc

2-Peel stickers, they should have 1-2 free subs, 1-2drinks free

3-EAT!!!!

Its VERY EZ to starve, they give us a FREE meal AFTER 5 1/2-6 hrs of work, I get like $100-150 per week, Insurance is $132 per month, gas $25-35 per week, new tiers is a $130 per pair, you figure....LOL

Comment

gauges

the ones ive got is from Advance auto, their black plastic etc, and youres looks nice, but im goin for the flawless/factory/badassed look w/ fiber glass..LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X