Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the white has a blue-ish hue instead of a yellow hue like incandescent

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yep, 5 bulbs in a GMQ cluster. 3 on the right 2 on the left side. The 5 way ones from ebay work great.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

yum blueish

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
          And those are a direct, plug in replacement for the incandescent lamps, right? I needs to get me some o' them thar LEDs...Do they come in white, or something resembling a clear incandescent?
          they look sort of blue tho, between the blue hue of the LED and the blue filter. Its not that bold cobalt blue that the other pics are. It definitely will not be that factory green color tho. If you can talk Scott into it, ask him to take pics of the instruments in the Superlincoln. It has the blue domes with white LEDs.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, I was sorta thinking about the license plate lights, and I see Pete has those...and they're BEAUTIFUL in there! Methinks I gotta get me some o' them...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Wow... never knew they made that much of a difference until Pete posted those pics!
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Interior Lights

Im puttin blue bulbs in me door lights, all 3 dome lights, dash, cig/ashtray, trunk, etc...
                i wanna put me 2 more dome lights in the froont like the one in me rear, so theyre all alike...
                sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

88-89 townies dont have the plastic domes remember...they have prisms......heres a couple shots of davids clear led's.... remember the 88-89 towny dashes arent the brightest....trust me it's brighter than it looks in the pic
                  Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yah the LED 194's look good in the 85's tag lights... they dont look as bright in the 91 but the lense is kinda dirty (tag lense in the 85 is NOS crystal clear) and the bulb might be at a different angle.
                    I had one dude ask me about them one day I came out of the post office at dusk and had left the parking lights on (I leave them on for fun since they are all LED) he couldnt belive the light he thought they were flourescent

They also have more evolved 912, 921, 9xx etc size bulbs now too... I bet those in a tag lamp would blow you away!!! if they would fit... Im itchin to try some amber up front in the 91s park lamps...
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                    X