No announcement yet.

My New Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even better - I should do that when I do my console. How did you decide where to cut the slots for the seat belt buckles?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

you run the belts on the outside of the console and line them up with the seat like they're gonna stay, then mark the spot on the console where they need to pass through, then cut the holes slightly larger so belt can adjust as you move seat front-back

Comment

wow...you have got a KICK ASS interior there mang!
        the gauges...the painted out wood trim(Gunmetal metallic?) the cobra label...and now the seats!
        very kool!
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
          I actually think Thain was talking about yer seats, as mine don't exactly match the center console, i'd want them a lil bit more grey if it were my choice. And if I wanted full match I'd get the seats off an '88 T-bird Sport, those are leather, with adjustable headrests, and even their width is adjustable Too bad already had them SXT seats when I found the T-bird...
          Still like the way yours looks.

I was thinking of adding a console because I will be having a radio shortly. I'm not really wild about moving my gauges, as there isn't really another convenient place for them. I was thinking a pillar, but with my spotlight/ tach they'd be too high up and block my view (they're 2.625"). I also thought of putting them down with the vac gauge, but then they're hard to see. Thats why I considered the console, either for the gauges, or the radio.

However, I'm going to put the radio in the glovebox, and leave the gauge where they are. I'll forget the console altogether. If you're thinking I'm an asshole for putting the radio in the glove box, consider this: I have no front door locks, and since I spent some coin on my head unit, I'm not interested in having it disappear. Yeah, I could fix the door locks, maybe after the radio, and the power seat controls...
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I've thought about doing the glovebox-mounted-radio thing as well - putting the stock 8-track back in the '79 for looks but still having reliable tunes. Don't suppose you've got the mounting method scienced out yet?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              I've thought about doing the glovebox-mounted-radio thing as well - putting the stock 8-track back in the '79 for looks but still having reliable tunes. Don't suppose you've got the mounting method scienced out yet?
              Of course not. I'll figure it out Sunday morning after I put it in. If nothing else, I may have my brother (carpenter) make me some slick enclosure (MDF) for it in the glovebox.
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Must be REEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL comfy on the back and the American Behind.

Comment

Well, I thought I might add that I finally made the drivers power seat work. Originally I just found a comfortable postion in the 2004 car, and then swapped the seat in. Today I made the seat actually work. It took a little over an hour, once I got the harness for the controls out of the '04 car. There was a total of 12 wires for all the functions (in the harness; including a ground and a power supply). It was an easy afternoon project (out of work early), and now I can position the seat exactly how I want it. The controls just tuck under the drivers seat. I even got the lumbar support to work. These seats are very comfortable too, although the drivers seat is firmer than the others (I found that out one day while I was taking a nap on the passengers side).

The passengers seat is manual, so that'll be staying that way.

Not really any pics, but I just figured I'd update this, seeing as I've been going to get the seat working since the late summer.

Comment

Very nice!
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                    X