X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
    The threads for the center caps in the wheels have been guesstimated at 5/16-18. Well they're that now. Where the fuck am I going to find bolts that size... Should've just jammed the M8 tap there instead.
    Also the center caps are receiving a bit of a freshen up, polishing the chrome and repainting the silver bits.
    This looks like it might be a good source (not sure of shipping to your country) but they do have a wide variety and the wheels do look much better with the caps. Hope you can make it work!

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    The threads for the center caps in the wheels have been guesstimated at 5/16-18. Well they're that now. Where the fuck am I going to find bolts that size... Should've just jammed the M8 tap there instead.
    Also the center caps are receiving a bit of a freshen up, polishing the chrome and repainting the silver bits.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Yes, I think the centers on there make it look better even if they don't fit perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    wheels that need that many weights are usually bent. Or the balancer is f'd
    One of the wheels is slightly bent. The wheels are old and cheap pieces of garbage, super heavy too. Pair those with cheap chinese tires and you get just what I got. Double stacked weights.

235/75r15 seems to be an odd size over here, small selection and kinda pricy. Most options are All Terrains or dummy expensive, so basically the choice was down to Vitour, Nankang and Linglong. Nankangs and Vitours were both about 40€ more per tire and were whitewalls. The Linglong GreenMax Ecotouring tires I got were 93€ a piece. Supposedly they are a good tire for the price, the unbalancedness just doesn't strike the confidence in me yet.
    Last edited by Arquemann; 05-07-2023, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    wheels that need that many weights are usually bent. Or the balancer is f'd

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Have seen wheels throwing weights here too. As long as they were properly installed you should not any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
    Actually I did read it. An issue since you probably needed more than you should but I assumed after all those "un natural acts" they were finally balanced?
    I haven't had it above 90kmh yet, but so far they seem balanced okay. Bigger question is how long will the weights stay on, I feel like this country has zero wheel weights that actually stay on.

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Actually I did read it. An issue since you probably needed more than you should but I assumed after all those "un natural acts" they were finally balanced?

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
    As long as the rims balance well, you've got a winning situation.
    BAH! There's probably a pound of weights in total. You probably missed the last line of my previous post on page 13

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Personally, I like it MUCH better with center caps! The wheels look easy to keep clean which is an added bonus. As long as the rims balance well, you've got a winning situation.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Another thing I dunno if it looks shit or not. I'm kinda cheap so it wouldn't be a bad choice.
    The stupid chinese knockoff Outlaws have completely random center bores. The car's center bore is 78,3mm, but the wheels have something a bit-too-much larger and without the adapter ring its big enough to put a fist through it. But the 9C1 center caps would bolt on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230507_153340.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	1388407

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    +1 on centers. Also, looks drag race ready.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    need a center cap of some sort, those hubs sticking through the hole mess with the look.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Sommarhjuls aka summer wheels are on! Took long enough...
    I'm torn, I dunno if they look okay or if they look like shit. Needs new lugnuts anyways.
    Race asf
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230506_171359.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	5.49 MB
ID:	1388379

The blasting and powdercoating was a hundo, end result is definitely what you'd expect for a quarter or a third of what most places price it at. Garbage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230425_154440.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	1388380
    Old shitty chinesium wheels and cheap tires, wheelweights galore.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    LoL over here it is the opposite, most of it is abandoned and in plain sight. What was that a sugar mill? Any history of the building?
    It's an old grain silo / storehouse. Not much to say, built in the 50's next to a main railway track. The town (Salo) had some electronics industry, now there's not much to it's name. Just like many other towns and cities in Finland, born from industry, jammed full of 70/80s eastern bloc architecture and now they're quiet and decaying or trying to become something else. Friend who moved there works in forestry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X