No announcement yet.

My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 aka The Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave does great work. If he is ever down my way, he's hired!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
      Dave does great work. If he is ever down my way, he's hired!
      Thanks.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      Looks like you've been busy. That color is tough to match.

I'm assuming this car sees salt? How's it holding up?

Certainly been busy. You know the feeling first hand because of your wagon situation.

I went into this not being concerned about matching.

Panels on this car have been repainted already by professional shops and they did not match.

I figured I could get that result myself and not have to pay them for the disappointment.

To be honest things are better than I thought they would have turned out so I cannot complain.

I know I could have wetsanded adjacent panels with 800 and blended color into them and then recleared the entire panel but I am no professional so I have to accept what I can do and be happy with it, which I am.

once both front fenders are repainted everything will look very close again.

yes this car is my year round daily driver. Surprisingly looks pretty damn nice underneath for having that duty here up north. Tranny pan has some rust scale as so do some tranny cooler lines but the body is perfect which really counts.

Treated the aforementioned areas the other day with fluid film while doing an oil change the other day. 171,500 on this car!
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-30-2024, 02:22 PM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
      X