Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Caprice, the new on-going project! (Yes, I'm still alive!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• murphmobile2
    replied
    Last summer I finally finished my slick top conversion, it's good enough quality for now, could use some work, but I'm much happier with it. Bondo was required!

Mid summer this year I finally refinished the underside of my hood. I'd been meaning to do this for years. Gotta love Rustoleum...

Late this summer, changed all my cluster bulbs to LED's, had to use blue to match the interior of course.

Just over the weekend I also installed a 15" wood Grant wheel to replace the 13" vinyl wheel I installed a few years back!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by murphmobile2; 02-08-2021, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• murphmobile2
    replied
    I'm still here! Just trying to get Tapatalk to log me in properly is fun.

I have plenty of pictures, just Tapatalk and Photobucket are really limiting my options!

Leave a comment:

• murphmobile2
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Popped the top. Looks much better already.
    It's not hateful. Pretty rusty on the passenger side, but not bad for having 200k on it. The top of the roof under the vinyl is more like dirt than glue now, haha.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Popped the top. Looks much better already.

Leave a comment:

• murphmobile2
    replied
    My load leveling suspension actually still works too! Haha. I do love my seats too, comfiest dang seats I've ever had in a car...

Sooo... This happened tonight, haha.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Yep, add a few model years to that Park Avenue and the interiors got really awesome. Then like most cars, by '97 or so the interiors began to become flaccid.

Leave a comment:

• Pvt.Hudson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• murphmobile2
    replied
    We've got a few people on the Beretta forum that use Hagerty, and I've considered it too. It's tough for me to move away from Allstate though.

These late 80's big body FWD GM cars have started popping up all over my area in the past few years. I got lucky and snagged tail lights from a '90 Ultra at LKQ, really rare and factory tinted. Need to clean them up and install them still. I love those early SSE's too. The only car of that body style to boast the massive 22mm solid rear sway bar! Mine is like 13mm... Haha.

Here's a few pics of the old Buick too, lol.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    I like those early to mid 90's GM's too. Especially a Park Avenue, so many gadgets inside and the interior looks like a cockpit to a space ship or something. Shame they're FWD.

Leave a comment:

• BigMerc96
    replied
    Got an old lady that is a fairly regular customer. She was driving one of those Electras up until pretty recently, the brake lines rotted thru and when a shop went to lift it there just wasn't anything left underneath of it. Pretty sad, because the car looked great up top and I don't think she had a lot of miles on it. She's driving a newer Focus now.

My one neighbor has a '91 Pontiac Bonneville SSE that she has had since new. She does not drive it more than a few times a year since she inherited her mother's '97 LeSabre. I kinda want that Bonneville. I have a soft spot for that era of GM "garbage" because they were kinda funky and they are what were all over the roads when I was a kid. Being a few miles from the tech center, this is/was GM country here.

Leave a comment:

• slack
    replied
    I thought that looked like a Buick Electra. You used to see those things everywhere around here up until about 5 years ago or so. Now you almost never see them.

Do you use Hagerty or similar classic car insurance for any of your cars? I use it on my '78 and only costs like $125/yr in insurance. My '96 and '89 are regular insurance but I'm thinking of maybe moving the '89 over as well because as of right now I'm paying about $100/month for each of them.

Leave a comment:

• murphmobile2
    replied
    The gold one is my Electra Park Avenue, and the Beretta is my baby, haha. The yellow one is the lady's '06 Charger Daytona. I still need to take my Caprice out on the road... Still hasn't moved out of the gravel patch, lol. Occasionally I see one that looks like mine out here too! It's probably mid '80's, but gray and black top too.

I did finally change my idler arm, that thing was shot...

Leave a comment:

• Hearsesrock427
    replied
    I swear I saw this car’s twin earlier this week, one town over. Silver ‘77-‘79 Caprice sedan with black vinyl top and cloth interior. Sending good vibes your way Murph!

Leave a comment:

• tjc78
    replied
    What’s the yellow car hiding in the garage?

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    LoL I like that Buickish thing or whatever it is! Guess I'm not the only one who likes weird stuff. That Berretta is nice, reminds me of my Grand Am. If only those things were rear wheel drive...

Having a spouse who also enjoys cars is a huge plus, I'm super thankful for that every day. We're one of the lucky ones haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X