Mainemantom's 1989 Lincoln Towncar Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainemantom's 1989 Lincoln Towncar Signature

Here is some history of this car. Original owner bought it in 1989 in New York. Car traded in and sold at dealer auction with 79,000 miles in 1995 and sent to Concrete Washington. I bought it on Ebay on January 2002 with 104,000 miles on it. I drove to home to California. The car needed allot of maintenance to bring it up to the level I wanted. In 2005 The car was sideswiped by a drunk yard maintenance person going to work. Hit and run but I got the video. Insurance company totaled the car due to age. I bought back the car and had the damaged fixed, new exhaust, vinyl top, total repaint. In 2007 It was put on a car carrier with my other cars and shipped to Maine. Registered the car in Maine with a clear title. The car is put away in storage for the winter every year. In 2022 I had the car repainted. A couple of months ago I had the hood and top repainted.by another shop due to the 2022 repaint that was not holding up. I have kept ALL receipts for work including my own work.
    Upcoming projects are: Replacing the vinyl top myself. Repairing the passenger front door lock and handle Passenger arm rest repaired or replaced. Possible head gaskets replacement. Possible upgrade of the stereo unit and wiring the car for XM radio. Repair the driver seat leather. Current mileage is 165,850.

Today Oct 21, I spent at least three hours cleaning this car. When I got it back from the paint shop, it was filthy. I used Industrial strength diluted Simple Green first. Had to remove tree sap which was all over the trunk . I did not touch the just repainted panels yet. After the car was cleaned, rinsed, cleaned some more, I hand waxed the car. The interior got cleaned, mats washed, vacuumed then the plastic and leather got treated with 303 protectant. Wheels and tires were cleaned but more detail needs to be done. I noticed that the front header panel had paint damage. When the hood was repainted, the painter kept the masking tape on the header panel on too long. Like weeks ! When he removed the tape a layer of paint came off with the tape.In addition to the broken door handle and arm rest, that has to be fixed. Paint work will be done in the spring. Getting too chilly now. There is little remedy for shoddy work in Maine. If you take a shop to court, if you win, you get a judgement. Good luck trying to collect on that. You get what you get which is just enough to get by. Really sad.

Comment

Working...
    X