No announcement yet.

Prudence, my 87 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single biggest drawback to a fixed orifice is that its only optimal under one set of conditions. In the real world where airflow, air temperature, and compressor speed are constantly changing that basically means its never optimal and you end up with the best compromise that can be had. On the other hand the expansion device is as simple as it can possibly get which makes it both reliable and cheap. real expansion valves have moving parts in them and they can and do jam up.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not to hijack but I’ve done a little research and it seems the consensus says to stay with a fixed oriface tube. Anyone switched to a variable oriface tube and has been running one for a while? I’m going to be redoing the ac on my 87 mgm but haven’t decided which oriface tube to get yet.

Comment

Never used a variable tube - always used a fixed one and if they are clean - never had a negative issues with one.
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Tomorrow we set off for Michigan. The Lincoln doesn't have the best record with road trips, but maybe this will be the one that works out. If it does break down, it will at least be clean.

On a meetup in Detroit, I think One-Eyed Betty's is the way to go. I'm tentatively saying Sunday at 2:30 pm, but there are a lot of unknowns that may alter the timeline. I'll DM my phone number and provide a better ETA on the morning of.
          1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Working...
          X