Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    After replacing the body bushings I added "ditch" lights. Here are the results.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1289675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1289676

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Nice. Been there before:

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1289665

The aftermath

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Same goes for A/C compressors too.

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    Ive replaced both racks and boxes (at work) and unfortunately you're right. I just hope I get more than a year out of this one.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    sad fact is that a lot of "reman" boxes are just washed, re-sealed, and painted. Its still a worn out box inside. Racks are the same. I've changed both and found that what I put on wasn't really any better than what I took off.

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1289497

Last year I installed a Lares 1603 steering box from RockAuto, It recently started to leak and felt "loose" Today I installed the police steering box and did a string alignment, took it down the road and it was a night and day difference, felt a lot tighter and more responsive.

Leave a comment:

• Arquemann
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I guess if a person does not have Instagram, they can't see it ?
    I don't think you can see that on mobile. Worked for me atleast on desktop.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    I guess if a person does not have Instagram, they can't see it ?

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    A month ago this guy asked to take pictures of my car, heres a link to his post on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpAYc2l...dium=copy_link

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    In CA depending upon the county the ticket was written in, that little trick would cost the driver $1500 plus a hit on his commercial license, and 24 hours "Out of Service". Then of course the the truck should be looked at too. Darn it, It is "Out of Service"for mechanical violations. All written to the driver .Oh but wait, there could be more... If the driver lies, I keep writing until I get the truth. I tell the driver that too. Amazing how that works.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Thats why I put that in quotes. One driver, two books, split road time across the cheat sheets to make it come out right. Skip told me he used to do that, on paper he and his wife would do cross-country runs, but in reality she never left the house.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    No just a single driver. Even with two drivers, it could not be done legally in 3 days. Now years ago I saw quite a few trucks with "foreign" drivers that had more than two drivers in a truck. It technically could be done then.Toilet was a sliding panel that opens down to the outside. GROSS. That KW truck was going 24/7. They would cook their food in the truck. Truck would reek of curry.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    "team driving" ? Probably a lot more possible in the days of paper logs, now with electronic nanny boxes its a lot more difficult to cheat that stuff. 'course that happened because of people driving for way too many hours, nodding off, and running people over so I get it.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Oh jeebus, what a debacle..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X