and heres how it looks now:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	1290408

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    Heres how the underhood looked when i got the carClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0369.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1290407

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    My 85' Crown Vic

Sure thing! It won’t be until the spring until I’m able to work on it though. The car is in a storage facility for the winter and this one doesn’t allow work to be performed on cars while they are in there. Hoping next winter I have my own garage again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    ok, let me know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    I think I’m going to order it and give it a try. Rock auto has them for $100. If the fitment is a little off due to the heat riser it could probably be tweaked a little bit to work.

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    I still havent put the cats on yet, so i cant say.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    I saw a post from a year or two ago you made about using Eastern Catalytic part number 30205 for the driver’s side cat replacement. Did this work ok with the heat riser valve?

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    approaching the point where I'm willing to do my own reman work. If its going to be a piece of shit, at least it won't be an expensive piece of shit.
    LOL.

I think remans have dropped in quality but I'm not so sure old remans were that good either. I'm guilty of turning in the worst core that probably isn't going to be rebuildable. I bet I'm not the only one. The parts store folk don't seem to care any more.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    approaching the point where I'm willing to do my own reman work. If its going to be a piece of shit, at least it won't be an expensive piece of shit.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
    After replacing the body bushings I added "ditch" lights. Here are the results.
    Ditch lights are awesome. One of my cues for a higher optioned vehicle.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    I found an NOS FS6 compressor cheap and have it on the shelf as a spare for the Towncar and the Conti. Been down the reman path. The one on the Townie sounds like a dying air raid siren. The one it replaced lasted about a year before losing it's seals. The used original 1986 compressor I stuck on the Conti is perfectly quiet and works fantastic.
    That's just so sad, that searching for NOS parts is what we're reduced to. I *think* there was a time when remanned stuff wasn't complete shit.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Same goes for A/C compressors too.
    I found an NOS FS6 compressor cheap and have it on the shelf as a spare for the Towncar and the Conti. Been down the reman path. The one on the Townie sounds like a dying air raid siren. The one it replaced lasted about a year before losing it's seals. The used original 1986 compressor I stuck on the Conti is perfectly quiet and works fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• sluggish91
    replied
    Just now came across your thread and I gotta say, WOW! I really like it. Im jealous of the pinstripe, mine is basically gone. Great work with the body bushings and all the steering stuff as well. I love the speedo! Really cool car. I'm glad to see a CV version two door out on the road, and in great condition to boot!

Leave a comment:

• massacre
    replied
    Don't thank me
    thank yourself
    you're the one who installed them lol

Leave a comment:

• 1985crownvicltd85
    replied
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• massacre