No announcement yet.

'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the swaybars back from 3-D scannerguy.
    The bad news is not bad at all.
    He can't manufacture them. The bending is beyond his capability without buying a different press, and that would push the finished cost to solid gold levels for the first 1K produced.

All is not lost. There is a foundry near me that does forgings.

I will have the files in my email when he sends me an invoice. Should be any day.
    Getting there.

Anyone have a good part number or source for bushings that will fit these in the original brackets?
    I just got home and didn't have a chance to measure the diameter yet.
    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Finally found some time to get the rear sway mounted.
      Initially I had concerns that it wouldn't clear the cast differential cover, but it's fine. There's 3/8" or more clearance.
      Mounted with original bolts without issue.
      A few pix just for visual stimulation.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Took Sherrie to an appointment last evening and fell in love all over again.
          On the way home I listened to some old ZZ Top.
          "Just got back from Babys" continues to blow me away every time..
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

I love ZZ Top before Eliminator. Tejas is my favorite album, but the first is good. Shakin' Your Tree is a great tune. Frank Beard really doesn't get the recognition he deserves on the drum kit.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I agree on Frank not getting his just dues.
              Listening to the earlier albums and hearing those 3 legends NOT be in perfect time on a few occasions only cements their perfection in my noggin.
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Sherrie made her first appearance at Williamsport Cars and Coffee yesterday. Probably 250 cars there and only 1 Panther. She was appreciated by a few.
                It was a great time actually and I got to spend a few hours with a lifelong friend, his wife, and his awesome 57 Chevy. 350/Tremec 5 speed.
                He runs his own tri 5 Chevy restoration shop, and has been steady at it for 21 years.
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

I say, "duo-five's" in regards to those Chevys, because 1956's are yuck. Personal vote is 1955.

Your car looks good. That ding on the chrome molding above the rear wheel has got to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    I say, "duo-five's" in regards to those Chevys, because 1956's are yuck. Personal vote is 1955.

Your car looks good. That ding on the chrome molding above the rear wheel has got to go.
                    Good eye and picky! There is someone as picky as me?
                    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Thx. I didn't even wash her before we went. It still needs a proper wet sanding and polishing after that paint job. There's a little dry spray that has to be made to go away on that passenger door and front fender.

My friend told me every day when we were kids, one day I'll have that '57.
                      We rode the bus past a house that had a 4 door in the side yard..
                      As soon as he had the money saved, he bought that 4 door. I think he was 15. He drove it for years.
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post

Good eye and picky! There is someone as picky as me?
                        I'm surprised I caught it, must be the sun. I'm pretty picky, but I'm also lazy. As a result, my moldings have dings in them too. I usually forget to check donor vehicles when at yards and so the dings live on.

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                        Thx. I didn't even wash her before we went. It still needs a proper wet sanding and polishing after that paint job. There's a little dry spray that has to be made to go away on that passenger door and front fender.

My friend told me every day when we were kids, one day I'll have that '57.
                        We rode the bus past a house that had a 4 door in the side yard..
                        As soon as he had the money saved, he bought that 4 door. I think he was 15. He drove it for years.
                        Your car turned out well, really nice.

Those Chevys are certainly iconic. If it wasn't for the iconic tax, I'd like to own one. But then I'd most likely be plagued with similar ergonomic issues that I had with my '69 Plymouth.​

Comment

I'm surprised I caught it, must be the sun. I'm pretty picky, but I'm also lazy. As a result, my moldings have dings in them too. I usually forget to check donor vehicles when at yards and so the dings live on.

Your car turned out well, really nice.

Those Chevys are certainly iconic. If it wasn't for the iconic tax, I'd like to own one. But then I'd most likely be plagued with similar ergonomic issues that I had with my '69 Plymouth.​
                          Didn't think picky and lazy could coexist? That must set you up for some major conflicts unless not giving a shit is the third factor!

Comment

I think you nailed it: Because I give a shit, stuff gets done, just not perfectly or in a timely fashion. Or I make an attempt at perfection, fall short and then say, "Oh well, it's functional and not going to fail" & leave it at that.

Comment

I think you nailed it: Because I give a shit, stuff gets done, just not perfectly or in a timely fashion. Or I make an attempt at perfection, fall short and then say, "Oh well, it's functional and not going to fail" & leave it at that.
                              "Progress not perfection" can sometimes work!

Comment

Probably a statement suitable for the summary of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X