No announcement yet.

Saved from the Demo Derby: 1990 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a pole barn badly, maybe when we retire. Our collection is getting out of hand as it is. The brick exterior, wide driveway and oversized garage is why I bought our house.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

pole barns are nice but if you have any desire for heat, insulation, etc, plan for that when you build it. Not super expensive to do floor heat before you pour the concrete, effectively impossible to do after the fact unless you want to jackhammer all of the slab out and re-do it. Even if you don't make immediate use of it, the pipes can just be there for future use. Mine was built without that despite my suggestions, so I really just don't work on anything in the winter. I have a heater but I may as well light money on fire in there for all the good it does.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A proper building would be ideal, just probably not in the budget. Floor heat sounds like a wonderful luxury too... I try really hard not to work on anything in the winter either, short of oil changes or absolute necessity. At this point, I'd settle for that pole barn if it meant having concrete floors, a lift or two and amazing lighting. Starting to suck rolling and crawling around under these cars.

"I have a heater, but I may as well light money on fire in there for all the good it does." I remember some twenty years ago my buddy said something along those lines about the heater in his shop. At that time, he said it was like throwing a fifty-dollar bill away per day he was out there. Can only imagine what that is nowadays. How about a wood stove?
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nearly all the vinyl is on and post heated. It's sticking. So far, so good. I am optimistic but also cautious to claim victory.

Still have the fuel door and roof rack to do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6586.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	1400872 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6587.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	1400873 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6588.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	1400874
          1990 Country Squire - under restoration
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

What is the plan for the trim that goes around the "wood" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
              What is the plan for the trim that goes around the "wood" ?
              It's done and ready to go on the car!

Thought I'd share what I have done to refinish the laminated vinyl aluminum trim common to 79-91 Country Squires. First off, you need to remove the aluminum trim from the car. Not going to detail that here. Next up, you need to strip the old vinyl and laminate off. My car was in a state of this already being stripped by

I know a pro could do better with the trim but it much better than it was.
              1990 Country Squire - under restoration
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
              X