No announcement yet.

1994 Lincoln Town Car "Build Thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You used your student loan money for a car ?? You will be paying that dead panther off for years to come. Wish you the best for getting another nice vehicle (hopefully another panther ?)
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 10-24-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I have a scholarship that pays for my schooling. Living an hour away from home I really needed a reliable vehicle to get me to and from home whenever the need arose. Well what was supposed to be a reliable vehicle got wrecked. Some days you just have to take the punches that are thrown at you, learn from them, and move on from them. Everything happens for a reason.

But I am looking for another panther. The reason why I took a look at the truck was because it was cheap and I've loved those trucks (my first vehicle was a 73 F250)

Comment

Anyone want to buy a 94 Lincoln Towncar?

Comment

That's the same tow service/body shop that towed my wife's car after she got t-boned. They gave me an estimate at their shop and gave me a Cruze 1.4T loaner.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Would you mind sharing how the insurance company is trying to screw you over? Something sounds really wrong.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Some of it was frusteration, some of it was big companies not wanting to pay out. It isn't my insurance, it is the other drivers. Well the two of us had different stories of what happened (of course) and so I was told we had to wait for the police report to pay out. Well then I was told that I needed to buy the police report (which I did). Well the police report said that the other driver had failed to yield, but because of a typo and a misestimation of damage (the car started so the police labeled it as functional) and no citations were issued either way. the police report was considered null and void and the statements as a "suggestion" (the representatives exact words). So they said that I was at fault for the accident because their driver noticed me (except in his original police report he made no mention of me, which is why the police thought I blew a stop sign). Its a large insurance agency based way out of state.

Comment

That sounds extremely fishy, something ain't right there.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Sounds EXACTLY right - the other insurance company is trying to get away with paying! Up to you to ensure that doesn't happen. Probably in a "fault" as opposed to a "no fault" state. If it is the former, it won't be easy but it will require more work on your part. They are hoping you'll just roll over and go away. If you really want your money you will have to convince them that is not the case.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I hope there's still things you can try. Is your insurance company doing anything for you? I guess a lawyer would be out the question since they'd probably want more than you would likely recover. I suppose there's small claims court, but my experience up here is that you basically take your chances even if you have a good case. (Our so-called 'justice' system really sucks.) If you have to go that route, you should be aware of the requirement to mitigate (i.e. do what you can to minimize your damages).

I hope you don't give up too easily. That's what they want. (Bastards!)

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                      I hope you don't give up too easily. That's what they want. (Bastards!)
                      ^This!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The problem with the legal avenue is, in all reality, the car isn't worth much. Any lawyer I can afford isn't going to be much more than a civil defender, and any that work if they win are for the big money injury cases. My insurance won't do a damn thing since all I had is liability (ever try getting full coverage on an 18 year old kid?). The good news, is no one ever came after me and after 3 weeks I'm guessing there it is a little late to come after me. My agent said that if they hadn't come after me a week after there is almost no chance they will win (insurance companies are great at covering their own asses). The biggest problem is the state gap and not all the legal jargon and processes are the same across the states. Right now I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the time off school and such to deal with it. So I will look into all the big money stuff tomorrow. I am so sore from stress from today it isn't funny.

Comment

Do you have uninsured coverage? file the claim under uninsured/underinsured coverage and let your insurance company fight the fight for you. Provide the police report and let them chase the other company. Typically that will get them to pay up before going through lengthy legal BS.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Unforuntately, no. I have insurance coverage that would allow me to drive. Insurance is already sitting at $125 a month (no speeding tickets, drivers ed, had my license for a year and my learners since 15) just for liability. "Full Coverage" works out to $350 a month, and Uninsured raises it up to nearly $500 a month. You can see how it can quickly get out of hand.

My parents want to go after the insurance company and fight for more, but I need to sell the car for money for a lawyer. This will be an adventure.

Comment

I would not sell the car yet. The car will prove your case. Attorneys or insurance company may want to look at it for settlement.
                              Find a attorney who will get paid when case is adjudicated.

Comment

You could try small claims court. If you need "pointers", check out the resources on NOLO Press. They have books, etc. on all kinds of legal issues. Could also try local Legal Aid. What state are you in? I don't have enough facts to say what your chances may be but it is worth a shot. Right now you have ZERO!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X