Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealthlead's 1991 Grand Marquis - Mayhem

Hello,
    This thread is dedicated to my 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. She was apparently bought in CA and spent 17 years of her life in Utah, and the next five here, in Arizona and soon to be Colorado. She is my first car, only car, and my DD. I've been close to selling her in the past, but in the end couldn't give her up and am so glad I did not. I'll get right down to it;

As you may or may not see I have a steel top! It was custom fabricated and looks so much better than the stock vinyl. The stock paint has also been killed in this AZ heat so I've started doing a bit of vinyl wrapping work to take care of this. The entire car is going to be murdered out in 3M matte black and going to have Oracal midnight metallic blue racing strips. Removing the clear coat is whats holding me back now.

I've also had a complete exhaust catback system done on her. The BBK shorty headers were installed by myself. The rest of the system includes magnaflow 2.5" cats, 2.5" true dual catbacks, 18" (I think) cherrybombs, and 3" exit tails.

The most recent add on is the sound system. It consists of a Optima yellow top, 3G alternator, two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, Kenwood 1800w amp, closed box, and a decent amount of wire.

That belt was a bitch..

I have more bass than I know what to do with.. I also have a dual head unit that drops down as well as Sony explodes for the front which will eventually be Infinities or something.

Other mods I have in the garage ready to go next weekend include;
    -Rear sway bar
    -HO upper/lower intake/TB/spacer
    -Transmission cooler
    -Tow/hitch kit

Other mods that are coming very soon include;
    -Sequential/LED tail & front lighting (interior has mostly been done)
    -Probably 18" AR torq anthracite rims
    -Custom gauge cluster
    -The rest of the matte black
    -3.73 powdercoated rear end + discs
    -Big brake mod
    -Replacing headliner/rear seatbelt pad things

Eventually she'll get some real power built into her which I am still determining... most likely a 347 stroker or something. Questions, comments and suggestions welcome =) Thanks for taking a look!

~Stealthlead
    1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Nice GM! I'm also a fan of Dragonforce.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

So this is what those wheels are going on.....I'm excited to see this. Also I'm liking the Dragonforce decal
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

She sure is getting those torq's, thanks guys ;D! +1 for DF
        1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

She sure is getting those torq's, thanks guys ;D! +1 for DF

Comment

18's are on;

Comment

Wheels look nice mang!
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yeah sure does. What type of center cap is one there?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cap is the AR special edition

Comment

Trans cooler is in;

Comment

I really like the wheels and the trans. cooler !

Comment

God those wheels look perfect, what tire size did you end up going with?
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Great looking ride! love the wheels...........
                          Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

^Thanks!! =) Sorry for no recent updates.. I've been on vacation for a few weeks. I'll let you know the tire size as soon as I'm back

Comment

Sorry for the late response! My tires are 255/45zr18. I've been getting a lot of positive comments about the rims lately as well. The guy who did them for me was so glad I went with 18's.

In other news as some of you know I'm moving. I just got my class III hitch kit on-

I went to the shop that did my exhaust to have my exhaust brackets moved. I ended up just having them weld on my hitch. They did it all for $40. I didn't want to play around with the fishing spring, bolts etc. As you can see it rests right up against the exhaust tips. It's pretty low profile!

In other news my rear main has started leaking even worse. It's got me a little bit concerned... I was planning on getting the trans rebuilt for the 347 soon anyways though. I hope it will last long enough... other than that, next is probably the brights' HID's which seem almost essential to the trip up to CO.

Comment

Working...
                              X