No announcement yet.

My clean 86 Towncar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no idea what those features are...dont really care haha. Im just glad its pretty much spotless...

gadget, i like your motor setup. Thats about what i want to do to mines. How does the car run? And whats your mpg like? thanks man

Comment

autolamp means the headlights come on at dark. Auto dim means the high beams flash on and off annoyingly whenever you get near signs or anything until you give up and shut the thing off. You'd see a pair of rotatable knobs around the back of the headlight switch. The luggage cruncher is an old lady option. You close the trunk within about 3" of fully shut, and a motor sucks it the rest of the way down. Its neat, but more in a "look at this" way rather than "this is so useful, why don't all cars have this" way.

car runs well. I've managed a 16.02 in the quarter mile which isn't impressive, but its not too shabby for what it is. Fuel economy is crap, mid 16s usually but this car has always been horrible on fuel. With the stock engine, I could never do better than 14.5 mpg so comparatively speaking I'm doing well. It should break 20 on the highway, but it doesn't and I've kind of given up attempting to find out why. Its smooth, quiet, and runs a lot stronger than stock. It also handles pretty decently without giving up much ride quality. Its what I feel Ford should have produced back in the 80s.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Your Linc looks really nice, straight bodied, and clean bro.

Take care of that piece.

Comment

Thanks LTD man, gadget...the car does that have that luggage cruncher things lol. Does not have the auto-dim from what i can tell. Thats a feature i dont think i would really anyways from the way u describe it. A low 16 is pretty good for what the car is. I would love to get mines into the mid 14 sec range somehow. This townie has always seemed to get respectable gas mileage, it gets about 18-20 around town and about 25 on the highway. Not to shabby for such a boat lol. I was thinking some better flowing exhaust and whatnot would eek a couple more mpgs. It does have a tiny exhaust like on the passanger side but i plan to fix that with a full exhaust system here soon. I do have a question about your headers. How hard were they too put on? And did u see a nice gain from them? Also what about the o2 bungs? I was looking at getting some bbk shorties, with a matching catless h-pipe and then run the system from there. I wasnt sure about mufflers yet. I love the sound of flowmasters on a 5.0 but they are kinda typical. I was thinking maybe magnaflow or dynamax. I dont want the car extremely loud, but i def want to announce the 5.0 under the hood. Any suggestions?

Comment

headers were done with the motor swap. i wouldn't expect much out of just headers though. the stuff behind the converters is a much bigger problem than the manifolds are to tell you the truth.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hey anyone thats seen pics of this linclon...i got a tach i wanna install. where do you think would be a good spot? I dont want it on the dash or anywhere really too "see-able" What do you guys think? Its a pretty large tach 5 incher with a shift light. I got it in a trade and this lincoln could use one...

Comment

Working...
              X