sneak peak: 85' merc colony park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sneak peak: 85' merc colony park

so for the last couple weeks iv been working out a purchase. i came across this merc wagon on kijiji and thought it was sweet(and liked the idea that its the same car as my dads). it never had a price but i sent a message anyway. the guy wanted 500bux for it so then i proceeded to find out about it. its got a carbed 351W and tow pack(class III hitch, trans cooler, bigger chassis parts and electric trailer brakes controler). the car has 160K kilometers and has one rust issue on the rear quarter. its a loaded LS model. its also white or red interior. this car is on the other side of canada and was shipped 2 weeks ago, so it should be in ontario by rail this week. heres some teaser pics...
    Attached Files

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Nice!!!! Class III hitch, too. You suck! :p
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Innnteresting. Does it need anything to certify that you know of?

Once you get that rust dealt with, it'll look pretty minty.

How much was it to ship it?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

it needs the usal brakes and tune-up and a major cleaning and that spor repaired. it cost me 750bux canadian to ship across country by rail. im having a 2door mer shipped from the states and it will be more but is a shorter distance but, is being shiped via transport truck.

Comment

nice wagon where did the wagon come from? also when are you getting gmgt?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

the wagon is comming from calgary alberta...where they dont use salt lol i dunno when gmgt will be shipped, hopefully soon. now i just need to get rid of the 88' wagon(wich one of the members here will buy) and dismantle my 81 merc so i can turn gmgt into a 81 merc marquis! the legend will live on!lol

Comment

is your 81 getting to rusty don't forget to check for wasps ther are alot of nests lol

Comment

my 81 looks great, well, it did before it sat outside all year...but you would not ever know that the whole thing is rotten under neith around the floor an trunk, th frame is rotted bad to the point the rear lower trailing arm for the axel broke off. so i need a good base to resurect my 81 marquis brougham and gmgt is perfect. when its done it will be my merc restored with the heart of gmgt and gmgt's subtle touches like wheels and exhaust lol.

Comment

the interior has seen better days but nice score
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the tires are bald I know that for sure

Comment

Are you going to store that wagon or drive it this winter?
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

im gonna drive it for the winter but gonna take it to krown and oil the shit outta it lol

Comment

well, i went this morning with my boss and his truck and trailer. it needs some love but, belive it or not, its in better condition than my '88. its got 2 rust spots that need attention on the rear but, the under carrage is mint! also, it runs great and seems to be tight in the front end. most power options work except the power antenna and driver side window. over all, im very happy with the car and will get pics tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X