No announcement yet.

San Diego 85 cv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed this, but be damned if that LHS mirror doesn't look exactly like the one on the Mark VII, same slider control for the auto-dim range and all.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very nice CV!!! I guess I shouldn't ever complain about working in my unpaved driveway again. I just noticed the lighted mirror in my S-10 the other day. I think I might try and find one in the JY to install in my CV. I'm also looking for a police or towing package rear sway bar as well. The HO should make that car a bit more fun to drive.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Does it perform better with the Eddy intake manifold than it did stock?

Looks good, nice straight and clean car from what I can see.

thanks. yes the eddy intake woke the engine up alot more than i anticipated. it didnt feel like an efi motor but enough to put a smile on my face.
        take offs are mildly ok, going up hills are easier, and passing people on the freeways have gotten more exciting.
        i bet upgrading to an ho cfi would make the intake manifold worth having.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Just noticed this, but be damned if that LHS mirror doesn't look exactly like the one on the Mark VII, same slider control for the auto-dim range and all.
        hahaha! how about that. im glad i snagged it off the lhs.
        Last edited by Leo; 09-07-2009, 04:35 AM.
        sigpic
        67 Ltd tudor
        67 Ltd 4door
        85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Very nice CV!!! I guess I shouldn't ever complain about working in my unpaved driveway again. I just noticed the lighted mirror in my S-10 the other day. I think I might try and find one in the JY to install in my CV. I'm also looking for a police or towing package rear sway bar as well. The HO should make that car a bit more fun to drive.

Packman

thanks! to tell you the truth i would rather be working on an unpaved driveway than on a street. it gets dangerous when im under the car with my feet sticking out. i almost get hit, nipped, squashed, or run over. buses... they get too close. night time is another story. some local cops are polite and some aren't. its no big deal. when they first saw my brother and i working on my cv they must of thought we were stealing and swapping illegal car parts. they came by in force with 5 squad cars. it wasn't hostile, no guns were drawn. although the san diego police have been know to shoot first and ask questions later. when they talked to us I said, "what the hell! what kind of theives would wear white tee shirts and tan shorts??" no tickets were given. they just did vehicle information checks. after that incident a few night shift cops drop by to see what my bro an i are up to. good times..
          there are plenty of stories with the cops giving us a hard time working on the cars in a public park parking lot, church lot, empty flat dirt lot, sears lot, and a few business lots.
          good times my friends.
          sigpic
          67 Ltd tudor
          67 Ltd 4door
          85 Ltd 4door

Comment

shity stock intake pictures

stock intake manifold, it was heavier than i thought compared to the eddy intake manifold. im keeping it just in case anything happens when i smog the car next year.

here i am pointing my finger at a hole that the mechanic drilled into the eddy intake

a look under the manifold
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            67 Ltd tudor
            67 Ltd 4door
            85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Not much exciting with the stocker intake.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Not much exciting with the stocker intake.
                i agree, its very unappealling. the stocker was removed for the eddy intake which already on the car. i posted this picture to figure out what the hell that hole was behind the egr. i also kept the stock intake manifold just in case any smog related issues come about during smog inspection...

quick q: are the canadian assembled cv's any better or worse than mexican assembled cv's?!
                sigpic
                67 Ltd tudor
                67 Ltd 4door
                85 Ltd 4door

Comment

I can't believe I missed this first time around. That's a real nice car. Yikes@ working conditions.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

All Panthers are made in Canada, at the St. Thomas Assembly Plant.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

no some were made in wixon mi (towncars) and st louis mo (83 down)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                      X