im baaaccckkkk....and another panther!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im baaaccckkkk....and another panther!

if you recall, i had a nice loaded up P74 down in florida and drove it here to vegas. well, my dreaded intake leaked again, and due to laziness too much coolant fell into plug wells and caused a plug to eject. given i needed to hurry up quick like a bunny due to a new baby coming 3 days after said event, i needed another car quick. so i got an 05 explorer XLT with only 24k miles on it for only 12.5K. i gave that to the woman and took her nissan sentra and turned it into a panther for only 1000 bucks! to fix my 99 would have been 350 for parts for another intake (would have done a PI swap this time), RAS was shot to shit...replace with coils and shocks for 250 or so, and labor involved and rental car needed for a few days to get head fixed ~300-400 bucks. so i stripped my 99 down for parts and still have some leftover if anyone is interested.

for now, here is my 03 (late build), CVPI, former las vegas metropolitan police unit 1178, mount charleston. 79K miles on it at time of purchase.

i have done the following since i got it 04/09/09.

2 new front tires.
    tb cleaning
    air filter
    black carpet installed
    converted most of interior from tan to black. doors, headliner, pillars, etc.
    police back seat removed, put in leather back seat from my 99
    center trunk release was disabled by metro pd, so i used my center dash trim and clock from my 99 and put it in my 03. moved the rear defroster from hvac area to 99 trim spot and wired clock
    put in speakers from my 99 (kickers)
    put in alpine hu from my 99
    ran all wiring for amplifier already, waiting to install it.
    custom center console, hand made.
    refilled up ac system a tad
    new sparkplugs

old and new! looks better in black. tan interior parts are for sale, and are not dirty like pics show. tan door pics were taken on day of purchase

pics of my custom console. simple but functional. there are some bugs to be worked into it in terms of convenience items that ill figure out as i use it more and more and ill add em in. for now, its nice to have center arm rest!

the gun holster lid...its on a spring loaded hinge as it serves as a standard top basin for basic stuff, but upon unlocking it pops open on its own. arm rest has for now only one partition for paperwork, but will eventually be modified later for more conveniences as i see fit.
    scanguage is preliminary in terms of its new locale, and will be permanently fixtured in soon. same with power inverter. there is also ammo storage (one extra mag) too. cup holders will hold one ltr bottles deep and secure, but will also hold a can of soda and not go side to side. you can see how deep they are with the cup in there currently. rectangle hole next to cup holders is a cellphone space.

[img]http:/img39.imageshack.us/img39/718/img00031200905271711.jpg[/img]

take home day!

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Welcome back! I like the contrasting interior and center console.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

o all tan parts are going bye bye eventually, except for main dash. i wasnt able to get all the parts yet and i just did interior on monday.

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Nice!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
        X