new to me 90 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to me 90 crown vic

havent picked it up yet. was my girlfriends mother's car but the tranny went south and she isnt fixing it so im basically getting it for free. sorry for the crappy pic but its all i got, since its from my girlfriends cell cause my camera isnt working. there will be more pics to follow shortly. should be picking it up later this week. plans are an efi 351 swap to make an ultimate sleeper car out of it, possibly with a small amount of boost (less than 10 pounds) out of a used turbo or supercharger depending on what i find, yes it will be a bit of an overkill project. anyhow here it is as it sits now, its actually a pretty clean car with low miles.

heres the first pic
    Attached Files

Comment

cool, you probably will have to put a hood scoop on it, so that may kill the sleeper look. cant wait to follow its progression!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hey man, thats my car....LOL

Comment

the turbo/supercharger idea is doubtful but possible if i find something cheap. the 351efi however is happening. i think a aftermarket mustang efi 351 intake will fit (i hope) under the stock hood. but on any note, more updates should be later this week with more pics, and when i pull the tranny out, ill probably install a floor shifter while its out. i found a place to make custom longtube headers for me as well, so hopefully i can prove wrong the myth that they dont fit on these cars.

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
            Hey man, thats my car....LOL
            lol, only difference is it doesnt have turbines

Comment

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
              the 351efi however is happening. i think a aftermarket mustang efi 351 intake will fit (i hope) under the stock hood.
              i see.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice acquisition
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice, glad you got your panther!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Not bad! Funky to me how often people aren't willing to do simple things like replace fragged transmissions.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Not bad! Funky to me how often people aren't willing to do simple things like replace fragged transmissions.
                      yea, she kinda knew i always wanted the car anyways. itll still creep up the road at 5-10mph lol. id need to beef up the trans some for what im doing with it anyways so its kind of convenient in a way.

so heres the build plans

-5.0ho mustang ecu and harness
                      -351 ford truck block, stock reconditioned rods with aftermarket forged pistons and all arp hardware.
                      -afr 185 heads
                      -trickflow 5.8/351w mustang r series intake
                      -75mm tb
                      -30lb./hr injectors w/calibrated pro-m mass air meter.
                      -ill make my own custom cold air intake
                      -shorty 351swap mustang headers
                      -true dual exhaust probably go 2.25" on the pipes w/h pipe and ill see how i like the sound with no cats and just mufflers
                      -1.6 roller rockers
                      -the nice new afr black valve covers
                      -external trans cooler
                      - automatic floor shifter
                      -msd dizzy and ignition w/ford racing wires
                      i dont know what torque converter ill use, im thinking of the b&m holeshot 2400
                      -3.55 trak lok rearend

theres some other miscellaneous parts im still deciding on and will choose later, but for now this is a rough list of what ill be doing.

and of course i found a shop in douglas,mass thats going to do the dyno tuning for me, its a bit of a drive from here but well worth it.
                      Last edited by 70torino429; 05-04-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Nice, need more pics!!!!!
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Still figuring on an E303 cam?

Just a note: 2.25" exhaust is quieter (good), but 2.5" exhaust can be done using 100% off-the-shelf parts (convenient!).

Also, Scott knows of a eBay vendor who sells quality performance converters for a lot cheaper than you get them from B&M. (Their TorkMaster 2400 is like $300!)
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            Still figuring on an E303 cam?

Just a note: 2.25" exhaust is quieter (good), but 2.5" exhaust can be done using 100% off-the-shelf parts (convenient!).

Also, Scott knows of a eBay vendor who sells quality performance converters for a lot cheaper than you get them from B&M. (Their TorkMaster 2400 is like $300!)
                            no, not figuring the e303 cam. the comp cams 35-320-8 looks alot better and im most likely going to use that. it makes a hell of a lot more torque at low rpms, and actually more torque all around than the e303. im not sure if im going to go catless on the exhaust yet, ill probably set it up catless and see how i like it, seeing as emissions isnt an issue here. this project is going to get pushed back at least a month, since i still have to pay for this lawyer at least another month.

Comment

Sounds like a nice build!!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X