Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new rims and fat tires! (lotta pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah things got a little sidetracked from the original post with wheel, supention and tire fit and setup. so now its here i will add some more pics, with the story behind it.

I'm 17 and my grandpa bought this car new the month i was born in June 91. After 16 years of being together he passe away from cancer and he secretly handed er down to me so I never had the chance to thank him really but he wanted it to cheer me up after he passed. So i have had it for about 1 and a half years and plan on keeping it for a very very long time. Its basically mint and now has 67K kilometers on it and other than the suspention and wheels, every penny i make goes into me driving it and keeping it in the best shape i can until i get out of school and into a career when i can really spend money on the fun stuff... and still have no rust or other issues. So anyways the last year or two has been a little ruff but I always have fun doing what I can with what I have to the car, and after a year of saving i finally made some "big" changes to the car and I love it. All the help you guys give me is much appreciated, thanks again guys.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

thats cool that you have some thing to remember him by. i know i cherish(sp?) the stuff my grandpa gave me before he passed. that makes your car that much cooler in my eyes.
      sigpic

Comment

The pic of your car on the sand is my favorite so far
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

real sweet mang.
            I like the wheels.

those fatr tires on the back look awesome!

I threw some Black Magic liquid wax(I had a lot of it laying around, almost never use it) on mine and you wouldnt believe how it brings out the shine...looks wet...pics dont do it justice tho.

little piece of advice...get some winter wheels, those wheels will rust up REAL quick...mine did.
            Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 05-06-2009, 08:23 AM.
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

ha those sure looks good. yeah i got winter tires and rims... these suckers are seeing NO salt haha. that car of yours is freekin awasome by the way!
              HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCor15 View Post
                Nice. Can't go wrong with some BFG Radial T/A's.
                Speaking of which . . . how ARE the BFG Radial T/A's in terms of use on a daily-driver?

I mean, I LOVE how they look, don't get me wrong - but how do they do compared to most tires in the rain? How're they for noise, rolling resistance, etc?

Actually, I should just ask a more generalized question in the tires/wheels section, shouldn't I?
                1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
                Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
                Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
                Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

lets just say my 275/60/15 BFG is as quiet, easy rollin, and rain gripping as the old 215/70/15' michelin's that were on there. milage hasn't gone down at all but that could have been helped by the decent rake the car has to it now, and yeah, perfct for a daily driver for sure. And i can still light em up with 11" meats! i just have to clean off the liquid rubber on my rear panels...

Comment

lol you dont want to buy new tires already.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanx mang.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

awesome job! i love the beach pic with the sun. that is one mean ride!
                        Lets Go Pens!

Comment

ha thanks she looks mean but I cannot wait till i get a career goin and i can actually make it fast and mean like your rides... haha(smile). but its off to a good start and i couldn't be happier! i'm lookin forward to the next few years to come...

Comment

"Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance."-Mike Tyson

Comment

the tire spray dripped some stains down the white letters on one tire and i was wondering if you guys had any tips for cleaning them letters good? my trusty fantastic won't do the job...

Comment

Brillo all the way.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X