Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new rims and fat tires! (lotta pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new rims and fat tires! (lotta pics)

I have done my suspention and finally have my rims and tires on and no rubbing at all even big bumps and loaded right up...rims are Chrome modular 97 series. I have waggon springs and KYB Gas-A-Justs also.

FRONT
    -15x7" rim with +13mm offset
    -225/70/15 tire

REAR
    -15x8" rim with +6mm offset
    -275/60/15 tire

let me know what ya's think!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    about an inch still clearence on the inside. with +13mm offset, a 305 wide tire would fit!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    had to coathanger the pipe so it doesn't rub
    [IMG][/IMG]
    tire will just barely tuck in fender lip, and i mean barely! haha
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Clean car, now lower it.

Comment

looks nice!
      keep polishing those wheels religiously

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Holy shit that looks mean... me likey!

But yes, keep them clean all the time... those wheels are known for rusting bad, and fast if not taken care of.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

omg i want to make sweet sweet love to your car. Like NOW!!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I like the look a lot, I have 225/70/15 all around, and they look too small for the rear. I need to upgrade the rears. I don't know if I want to try that with my 7 in rear wheels.
            sigpic
            Current Rides
            67 Cougar XR7
            97 Mountaineer 5.0
            03 Ranger XLT

Comment

wow that looks really good! hows the handling with that setup? since i was thinking of the same setup tirewise.

Comment

Nice!!! Has a Magna look to it. All you need now is a decent chrome/mag polish and like Scott said, religiously clean and polish those wheels.

Packman

Comment

Very nice.
                  1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                  1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                  1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                  1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

I have those same rims that Im selling. That "never dull" wadding stuff works best for me. It comes in a small tin. mine are 15 x 8 and 15 x 10.
                    Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
                    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
                    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
                    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
                    sigpic

Comment

those do look nice on there! I see red interior
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

In a few days I'm going to do a full intro on the car in readers rides i think with a little writup an the story and most importantly allot more pics of the whole car and yes the red interior haha.

-yeah they handle great, but i wouldn't stick a 275 on a 7" rim, 8's about the lowest i would go. but i fully reccomend this rubber setup for sure.
                        thanks for the tips, i think i will paint the backside of the rim with a good aluminum colour spray paint to keep things from rusting back there and seal up the welds and seems. plus the inside looks bad anyways so a little aluminum paint wont change the look at all.

thanks allot for the help lately, and the great comments!
                        but i will keep them clean and polished for sure!
                        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

nice mang yeah make sure you polish those wheels

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

heres a few more full car shots for ya's
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

omg again. fap fap fap fap......

i so love it.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X