Bouncing ideas around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing ideas around

I'm throwing a list together of what I want to do with the car. If you have ideas, throw 'em out there.

As far as the body goes, much to Toms delight I WILL BE HAVING THE COACH ROOF REMOVED. Obviously I will need the chrome trim off of a box Vic and I'll have new rear glass put in. I'm still planning on getting the door handles and power antenna shaved. I'm going to retain the trunk lock assembly and the hood ornament, but I'm going to removed every other badge on the car.I've decided on what color the car will be when it comes time to paint it. I'm going with BMW Titan Silver Metallic Clearcoat off the 2007 7-Series cars. I'm going to get a hood tach from from a 67?-73 Cougar. I'm going to shave the opera lights, and have panels welded to fill the holes. For the wheels, I've decided on American Racings Gun Metal Torq-Thrust D's, probably in 16x8 with either Cooper Cobras or Firehawk Indy 500s.

Mechanically, I'll be doing a standard HO conversion or an Exploder motor. If I do the HO, I'll run 2 and 1/4" exhaust, 2.5" if I go with the Exploder V8. I'm going to run either Flowtech Terminator mufflers or Flowmaster 40s. I may get Marauder tips or I'll dump 'em right after the mufflers. I'll probably get a nice set of electronic cutouts as well. If I go with the Exploder engine, I will probably upgrade the brakes and install a line-lock setup. I'm still debating about 3.55s vs. 3.73s and maybe an aluminum drive shaft.

As far as the interior goes, I'm going to paint the dash a gloss black, retaining the chrome strip. Since I'm retaining the EFI, I'll also retain the Tripminder as I hadn't factored rewiring that bitch when I was considering a carb swap. I'm debating on swapping PI buckets into the front and running a 67-69 Camaro console with the 4 gauges at the head of it. If I do that though, I won't be able to run the new gauges I want to get. I might have a custom dash done up similar to Colins. If I do go that route, I'll put the speedo in the middle and stagger the others around it.

That's all I have written down so far. My brain is pretty much fried right now. Any ideas, just toss 'em out there.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Raccoon eyes, tinted windows and a "GMN" sticker on the back window.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

i enjoy seeing the exhaust tips, dont go for the dumps after the mufflers.

I really like the idea of the hood tach.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

go racoon eyes for sure maybe hids and leds to brighting things up, i wouldnt dump it after the muffler with eather muffler, im getting my new exhaust put on friday i went catco drect fit an x-pipe into flowmaster 50 ser. delta flow but i'm dumping it at the axle. i'll tell you how it comes out.
        sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
        87 mercury grand marquis
        88 crown vic lx
        89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
        89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
        00 ford crown vic lx hpp
        03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Working...
        X