Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some bad pics of both the Yellow Banana and the UPS-brown 1985 Wagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    There you have it, folks .... we now know that Packman likes fat men in sweatpants.

Better than emaciated men in sweatpants.

When are we gonna see the tech sheet on that yellow F-150? I know you wouldn't put racing wheels on a truck without good reason.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Better than emaciated men in sweatpants.

When are we gonna see the tech sheet on that yellow F-150? I know you wouldn't put racing wheels on a truck without good reason.

Packman
      .040-over 302, Speedpro hyper. pistons
      351W HO cam
      1985 Mustang GT intake
      1970 Ford 302 truck heads (yes, they are different)
      stock manifolds, stock exhaust (not my choice)
      9.8:1 compression
      block decked
      heads pocket ported
      Holley 600 carb
      Mallory pro coil
      Motorsport wires
      Recurved dizzy
      Built c4
      supposedly a stall convertor....but around 1400 rpm stall....
      Built C4 (by me, in addition to a TransGo HP shift kit, set on 'kill', and an H-code shift servo)
      Completely rebuilt front end
      460 radiator (4-core)....we didn't even have a fan on it. It never got over 170 degrees, even in traffic, after I took the broken clutch fan off of it.
      3.25 rear gears
      Custom 2-piece driveshaft (I installed it), painted pink to piss my brother off (it used to be his truck)....
      Actual Centerline wheels,, 15x8
      There's probably something I'm forgetting....this was my brother's truck, but after doing a shitload of freebie work on his vehicles, it sort of also became mine. I didn't want to pay it off, so I sold it in or around June 2007. It still needed some work (rear gears, AOD, headers and exhaust), and at the time, I didn't have the money to sink into it. I'm not losing too much sleep over the truck, but it drove pretty nice, and ran strong for still having stock exhaust (well, I put a 2 1/2" glasspack on it, from the Y). By the time I sold the truck I was getting 18-19 mpg out of it going 65 and under on the freeway.

With the shift kit I installed, and the way I set it up....it had a violent 1-2 and 2-3 shift....my brother lost one of his girlfriends because of it....they were having an argument, and he got nasty and bounced her head off of the back glass while accelerating during a 1-2 shift....three times in a row.

Oh well, I didn't like her anyway.

Concerning the wagon....I bought it from the original owner, and it only had 90K on it when I got it. I put 10K on it, and then sold it (more like gave it away). Her and her loser boyfriend (this sister didn't try to have me arrested, lol) racked up eighty thousand miles in two years....and then they dumped the car back in my driveway. It was immaculate when I go it, and the paint was actually still in great condition. However, the tranny was going, the motor was making racket....the front end needed to be rebuilt....and the rearend was going (they drove it dry). I probably should have held onto it....but I didn't want another project of that scope at the time. I talked to some people here about swapping the CFI out, but nobody had done it at the time, and so I sold it. I didn't really do too much with the car, other than Hella headlights, and replace the dual exhaust. Oh, wait, I added a rear sway bar.

It had most of the towing package, relays, wiring, 3.55 gears, tranny cooler....A/C and rear defrost...and that's about it for options. It didn't have a track-lock in it, for some reason or another...it wasn't ordered. 302 CFI....no, wait, that was another reason, lol.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I would love to have a brown wagon to compliment my brown CV.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I love that truck...
          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Awesome truck!!! I was told that if I wanted to get a Ford motor to build up, '70 and '71 are the years to look for. Though I can't imagine that it would be easy to find an engine of that vintage. I see you went the truck radiator route. I did that with my Malibu and yet I would still see engine temps cresting 200* in summer traffic. I probably should have flushed that car. I know these aren't the best conditions, but I'm considering going the long-rod 351W route with the CV. I'm surprised you haven't built one of those engines for yourself. Anyways, nice vehicles and I can't wait to see the finished product on your Thunderbird build.

Packman

Comment

Funny, I'm also getting the itch to build another engine. Got a good '79 351W block and crank in the garage ... where's Larry's longrod thread....
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

That truck is awesome!! I want another
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  Funny, I'm also getting the itch to build another engine. Got a good '79 351W block and crank in the garage ... where's Larry's longrod thread....
                  It's stickied in the Muscle Panther forum, but here ya go anyways.

For discussions on performance modifications to the 5.0/5.8 engine. Includes engine swaps and whatever else you can think of.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    It's stickied in the Muscle Panther forum, but here ya go anyways.

For discussions on performance modifications to the 5.0/5.8 engine. Includes engine swaps and whatever else you can think of.

Packman
                    Call me strange, but I think he knew where it was....

Comment

:lol: Actually, I didn't at that precise moment, but it took me about two minutes to find it.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                        Call me strange, but I think he knew where it was....

Oh, I get it. Kinda like those infomercials where they supposedly grab random people off of the street who are really interested and inanely inquisitive about whatever is being sold.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                        X