My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowman83merc View Post
    i was going to say thats my paint. they had it at autozone it is the closest to matching my car. and on a side not you owe me $49.95 for the paint you used.
    Hmmm...how about you try to get that from me...but a warning to you, you just might get your jaw broke.

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
    All i can thing of to say is

DAAAAAAAAANG
    Thanks !!!

And Today, I got the Cobra 1.7 Roller Rockers. got 'em for $120. He gave me the rockers, bolts, pedestals, and shims. He also gave me his Double roller timin chain. He said the timing chain was replaced recently and the Rockers have around 8,000 miles on them. He went with a bigger cam that needs 1.6's.

And he said they have been sitting on his shelf for a month or so, so should i clean them ??? Because at school we have a sonic cleaner and would that be safe for these ??? thanks

I am planning on going to the dyno and see what it puts out now, then put on the RR's and see how much Hp/TQ I gain.

Heres a couple pics of the Rockers.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bowman85merc; 10-15-2009, 12:14 AM.
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

nice build so far mang how many miles were on your old motor? I wonder how bad the rings got lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

that motor is already spoken for, my dad is taking it so we can have my 347 stroker kit put in it
        1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
        1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
        2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

Are you two guys in competition?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

no my motor is going in mine and my dads mustang II......Im saving up for the 427 for my merc.
            1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
            2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

83 bowman, you oughta build a roller block for your 347.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that motor is already spoken for, my dad is taking it so we can have my 347 stroker kit put in it
                Yea, you think thats ever gonna happen, the kits been sitting on my dads shelf for like what, almost a year now haha.
                Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Are you two guys in competition?
                No, there is no competition, I am always beating him.

no my motor is going in mine and my dads mustang II......Im saving up for the 427 for my merc.

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                83 bowman, you oughta build a roller block for your 347.
                Thats why we gave them my old '85 block, its roller compatible and we grabbed all the extra parts to convert it.
                ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

nice man, it gives me insperation to get my 2door merc ready for next summer

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

the motor im going for is a 351w out of f150. its a roller motor aswell

Comment

Ok, Update time.

Today I just put on the 1.7 Cobra RR's, they make no noise as of yet, and hopefully never do, and they just look sweet on there lol .
                      These seem to have given it a little more Umph, but nothing to go crazy about, gave me a much better throttle response too, it's a good upgrade.

And a few Days ago, my dad got bored and decided to make me a Dual Snorkel Breather, we have tubing going to snorkel/scoop things beside the radiator, and it seems to work nicely so far. We should have just made the tubes go through the High Beam lights for a ThunderBolt effect, that would have been sweet

Here are the Pics.

Enjoy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I need to try that. Got a good stock air cleaner base, just need to cut an extra hole and go to town. Oh, and get a good stock-size air filter. Suppose it might be possible to modify the cleaner to fit a taller filter for more surface area, though someone at SBFTech seemed to be saying the dual-snorkel stock inlet was actually pretty good.

Are the tubes just clamped to little nipples welded to the body of the air cleaner?
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks really nice.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            I need to try that. Got a good stock air cleaner base, just need to cut an extra hole and go to town. Oh, and get a good stock-size air filter. Suppose it might be possible to modify the cleaner to fit a taller filter for more surface area, though someone at SBFTech seemed to be saying the dual-snorkel stock inlet was actually pretty good.

Are the tubes just clamped to little nipples welded to the body of the air cleaner?
                            No, This was first a single snorkel breather off of a f-150 with 5.8 H.O., for the reason you said, more filter surface area, but my dad cut off the single snorkel, welded the hole shut, then drilled two 3" holes, he used an old 3" basketball hoop pole for the pipes coming out of the base, then he welded those on the breather, then he bondoed it and smoothed it all out to make it look nice, and then painted it, now its what you see

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Looks really nice.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Nifty. Hadn't known about the F-150 air cleaners, either. I don't suppose those are at all plentiful ... :3gears:
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Nifty. Hadn't known about the F-150 air cleaners, either. I don't suppose those are at all plentiful ... :3gears:
                                Yea, they are kind of hard to find. They came on Trucks, Broncos, and vans. The only thing special about 351 H.O. is that it has a holley 4-barrel, that i know of.

But Here is another update.

Today, I put the factory tranny cooler, thats on police and Tow Package cars, as my P/S cooler, instead of the little tubed one. It seems to work great so far.

And tomorrow we are putting on the tranny cooler, its a "stacked" cooler off of a big mark III van.

Here are the pics of the P/S cooler, enjoy.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X