Cocoa...1986 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocoa...1986 Grand Marquis

here are a few pictures of Cocoa. pictures of at auction before getting her, after getting home, interior, and engine.

she needs some work which i will get help from Jim(87_Crown_Vic) and my mom(jelybean)

need to work on the front brakes, fix a stalling issue, and a exhaust leak from a rusted out check valve to catalytic convertors. the stalling issue will be solved by swapping intakes to what Jim has in his Grand Marquis since he is installing a H.O. intake. we plan on bending/crimping the lines from the catalytic convertors, get brakes on front fixed since they are grinding, and install a cold/warm air intake. after that is done, it will be due to get a stereo in it after car is capable of being on the road.
    Attached Files

very nice! lovin teh brown

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

What can brown do for you?

USPS....get it?
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

it will be a real nice car when it is done

you mean UPS ... you still cant type Capri...lol
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Nice I think dave <dave84> is going to be jealous lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice catch!
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

was originally after a 1988 CV that was pretty loaded and had insta clear windshield... found out later from a dealer there that the 1988 CV didnt have top 2 gears... after auction i talked to auctioneer since the Grand Marquis didnt sell... they said reserve was $700 and i talked them down and we got the car.

Comment

nice find mang...

Comment

That is clean! Can't wait to see it's progress!

I love the brown ones, I tell ya... gorgeous.
                  1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                  1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                  1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

i am gonna take plenty of pics for him on progress of werk getting done for him. right now installing a HO intake on it and next will be fixing front brakes. been taking lotsa pictures to show what is going on. going to be removing the smog pump and a/c from it also since they are shot and dragging the motor. will post pics later tonite.

Comment

Nice car!!! That engine compartment looks really clean too. Have fun with that mang!

Packman

Comment

yesss....another coach rear window car close to where i live....as soon as my car starts being more reliable, ill have to go see this in person..

Comment

well here is what was accomplished so far...

old intake removed along with air filter box bracket... bypassed EGR coolant lines to avoid coolant getting in intake and heating incoming air more than what it needs... cleaned the lower intake with a wire brush like toothbrush to clean out the excessive carbon... installed a H.O. upper intake... cleaned EGR and throttlebody good... installed the CAI/WAI... car runs MUCH better now

pictures show before and after changes such as painted H.O. intake, dirty lower intake ports, cleaned lower intake, and stuff being put back together. still need to paint the upper intake plate since it is different than '87 and newer plates and doesnt have the EFI written on it. will have pictures of the car when doing the brake werk also hopefully tomorrow.
                          Attached Files

Comment

jim where do you get your cold/warm intakes from what part # are they I was thinking of getting something like that

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I think he got the from ebay
                              RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

Working...
                              X