X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah. Tossed 'em in last summer.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Looks great. When I get another Vic, it's gonna have the four gauge setup kinda like Nate's. All the gauges and other electronics like a CB radio, radar detector and a laptop will make it look like a PI, especially since it'll be a P71 and i'll keep the outside mostly stock looking.

How long did running all the feeds take? Did you have to make new holes in the firewall for them?

And next up on your list, a tach and 140 PI speedo.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Interesting, mounting to the ashtray. So, all you guys have swing-away gauges? I have mine mounted where the ashtray used to go using the mounting points for the ashtray. They are angled up, and over, to the driver. It's solid, and works great. I do miss my power point, though.

Good job on the gauges. They are the first mod any Panther should see.

Comment

I wouldn't mind eliminating the ashtray altogether except that I need the cig liter to power my laptop for the GPS when I do road trips.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
            I wouldn't mind eliminating the ashtray altogether except that I need the cig liter to power my laptop for the GPS when I do road trips.
            Just remote-mount one and you're set to go. I need to find out how to power up the rear door cig. lighters.

Comment

/whiny voice Yeah, but that'd mean I'd have to get up off my lazy butt and actually do something!!! /off whiny voice

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                Don't you like have to have an Internet connection and stuff to do that? :confused:
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Well, since everyone else is posting their gauge set up, I'll post mine. Pardon the dirty gauges (and dirty carpet; these were pre shampoo). I put water temp and oil pressure, where the radio was. The voltmeter is attaxched to the dash via a cup, the vac gauge is mounted to the floor via a cup. The tach is mounted to the a-pillar and plays nice with the spot light handle.

All gauges are autometer sport comp, with green lighting; it semi matches the factory green lighting.
                  Last edited by P72Ford; 03-28-2008, 07:35 PM.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Don't you like have to have an Internet connection and stuff to do that? :confused:
                    Nope, just has a little black box that plugs into a USB port on the laptop, and it uses satellites as far as I know, so anywhere it can get a satellite connection, it works (everywhere except when driving under a bridge or thru a tunnel lol).

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                      Interesting, mounting to the ashtray. So, all you guys have swing-away gauges? I have mine mounted where the ashtray used to go using the mounting points for the ashtray. They are angled up, and over, to the driver. It's solid, and works great. I do miss my power point, though.

Good job on the gauges. They are the first mod any Panther should see.
                      Thanks. I totally agree that it's the first mod they should ever see. I see that you got rid of the ashtray completely, that's an awesome setup. Still got to hide the wires more.

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                      How long did running all the feeds take? Did you have to make new holes in the firewall for them?

And next up on your list, a tach and 140 PI speedo.
                      I used one of the previous holes in the fire wall. It took me about 30 minutes running them. It took longer making them look nice. I would love to get a 140 PI Speedo. A tach, I'm not so sure, I'm not really concerned with that now, since my flow of cash is really short, I am going to try to take care of what needs to be taken care of. When I get more money, I might run a tach in it.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      with green lighting; it semi matches the factory green lighting.
                      It's actually blue, I bought blue light covers and the gauges now match the dash perfectly. But I need brighter lights!!!
                      Last edited by 86VickyLX; 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                        Just remote-mount one and you're set to go. I need to find out how to power up the rear door cig. lighters.
                        I think it's a separate fuse for that. I jacked my own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Thanks. I totally agree that it's the first mod they should ever see. I see that you got rid of the ashtray completely, that's an awesome setup. Still got to hide the wires more.

I used one of the previous holes in the fire wall. It took me about 30 minutes running them. It took longer making them look nice. I would love to get a 140 PI Speedo. A tach, I'm not so sure, I'm not really concerned with that now, since my flow of cash is really short, I am going to try to take care of what needs to be taken care of. When I get more money, I might run a tach in it.

It's actually blue, I bought blue light covers and the gauges now match the dash perfectly. But I need brighter lights!!!
                          I'll have to try that. My lighting looks like a cross between blue and green, like teal. I need some of those blue bulb condoms...
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

my guage is just a sunpro temp guage does'nt mounting the 3 gauges under the ashtry weight it down?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

not bad John, not bad at all!
                              that's about the 50th time I've seen that pic of Nate's gauges.

but they look good...good location.
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                                that's about the 50th time I've seen that pic of Nate's gauges.
                                It's probably true.

Comment

Working...
                                X