1990 CV LX Fleet order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 CV LX Fleet order

Bought this one last December, and it sat in the back yard until a couple of months ago. Interior is in really good shape. Body is a bit rough. Vinyl has some damage. I got a Marti report on it, and it states that this was a "Fleet" order car that went to a dealer in Chicago. It's an LX with no power antenna and non-leather wrapped steering wheel.

Odometer was at 97,3XX miles when I bought the car, but was no longer functional. There were a couple of receipts with the car that showed odometer readings at around 94,XXX miles. Judging by the guy that I bought it from, condition of certain parts, and condition of transmission fluid (changed at 94K mile mark), I'd say the car has close to 150,000 miles on it.

Work done, so far: Odometer gears, refurbished and painted the turbines, tires, changed differential oil, installed dual exhaust from my '89 CV, rear shocks and cargo coils, front brakes (pads, rotors, calipers, bearings, seals), flushed brake fluid, flushed power steering fluid (ATF Type F), oil change, transmission filter and flush (Mercon V).

Will be tearing the engine apart for gaskets, hoses, and some other stuff.

Here are four "mystery plugs" under the hood. Anyone know what they are for?

Comment

The oil drain plugs were cranked tight and the heads were stripped. Oil filter was super tight, too. Front wheel bearings had plastic cages. All four shocks were dead. Mevotech rear cargo springs to replace original stock springs. That's what the transmission pan looked like straight out of the car.

Comment

Wheels.

Comment

Those drain plug heads...wow. Presents as being in great condition overall though, quite a good looker.

Took a quick look at the 91 EVTM for any clues on your connectors. Nothing definitive but I think the one by the washer fluid reservoir may be related to air suspension, when equipped. I'm curious to know if you've got the square, 4-pin Police Option Connector behind the glovebox, but being an LX I doubt it.

Current driver: the 91s
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 92 Jaaag | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Your crown vic looks nice. I like the color. I wonder what the story is behind that torment on that drain plug.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
              4-pin Police Option Connector behind the glovebox, but being an LX I doubt it.
              I'll see if it is there or not. This car also does not have Auto Temperature Control.

Regarding the drain plugs, I'm surprised the threads weren't stripped. New plugs fit good.

A few different names for the color come up, depending on the source. Medium Currant Red is what the auto body store came up with when I had a couple of spray cans mixed.

Body has it's dents and dings. A couple of rust spots starting in the usual places.

Comment

Lovely color combination on the car! I’m weak for red interiors. What’s the plan overall? Daily driver or more of a weekend cruiser?

Owner of a 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX

Comment

The flat plug by the battery tray is for the ditch light, which you don't have . The twoo up on the cowl are for the heated windshield option. WagonMan
                  Last edited by WagonMan; 10-21-2024, 06:38 PM.
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park
                  70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

White lettering with the turbines looks surprisingly good, atleast with the red car. Looks sporty!
                    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                    2005 Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Looks relatively untouched/messed with. Good find. Really like the color.

Fleet automatically leads my brain to think government order, but it could mean any large company order or maybe rental also? The Marti on my Rustang actually says "summer/winter rental" on the order type, but it is two decades older.
                      1990 Country Squire - under restoration
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice car! Enjoy.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wonder if whoever was doing oil changes on this for a long time was using a pair of channel locks or something equally wrong. Thats years of abuse.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Holy hell. Bad is right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=1401158.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1401194
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X