No announcement yet.

New '03 CVLX Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little paint correction the other day. Meguairs 205 on my Harbor Freight DA Polisher, using Lake Country pads.

Also a quick clean up of the engine bay. Wasn't bad just dusty.

Also did plugs and coil packs yesterday. Looked pretty ok for 107k on what I'm assuming are the originals.

Waiting on new rear air springs, since the old ones work fine but look like they're getting pretty rough. Rubber flaking etc. Ordered solenoids as well, along with new shocks. Also got a new trans pan with a drain plug and a filter so I'll do a trans service when that shows up.
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Yesterday I replaced the springs and solenoids, easy job other than fighting with the solenoid retention clips that my sausage fingers can't fit into the hole to get to. After that swapped the rear shocks. Shocks were cooked and the bags were rough looking.

Moved onto the engine and replaced the belt, tensioner, and idler pulley, and did an oil change. Castrol 5W20 and a Motorcraft Filter.

Comment

Good call on the belt and tensioner. Definitely a do it together item on the mod motors from my experience.
        1990 Country Squire - under restoration
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Thanks! Figured I might as well.

Did the fuel filter today, just gotta do the trans service and I'll be all caught up on maintainance

Comment

You have a super clean LX Sport. I have always liked those and the Marauder. Maybe someday I can own one.
            It is nice to see how the maintenance details are being done. Almost like a new car.

Comment

Have you thought about J-modding the trans while you have the pan dropped? Made a night and day difference on my 03 Sport. Got rid of the sloppy grandpa shifts and it's still holding together. And no, I didn't go for the max kit, just the middle adjustment. Not neck breaking shifts but definetly can feel it if I lay my foot in it. Shifts the way it should have been from the factory, but we all know grandpa and grandma didn't want to feel any harness, lol...
              These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Thanks guys! I will definitely do the J mod at some point in time. Every panther I've been in that has it done felt the way it was supposed to be. If it doesn't happen at this pan drop, then the next for sure.

Some pictures of the 1500 mile drive I just completed. Had to go to Kansas City for work for a few days, decided to drive, and swung up to Omaha on the way back just because. Car ran great!

Comment

A couple of minor updates.

Had my friend's shop repaint the front bumper, had some spider webbing and a bunch of etching from bugs, looks fantastic now!

My other buddy had a trunk organizer and a clean passenger side headlight so I grabbed those from him.

Comment

Working...
                  X