New '03 CVLX Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New '03 CVLX Sport

Well it's been a while! Missed you guys. I'm copying over my thread from the "other" forum and I'll update here as I go along,

Anyways to condense a semi rambling story into something readable, me and my girlfriend attended the Oldsmobile Homecoming in Lansing Michigan on Saturday. On the way back home to Chicago we took a bit of a scenic route and ended up in South Haven Michigan where I saw this '03 on the side of the road.

My '75 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency at Homecoming

What greeted me in South Haven

Ready to head home

[
    Car was super solid, no rust. Originally from Arkansas and not driven much up in MI. Older gentleman passed away and his son sold it to me. Made a deali couldn't refuse and my girlfriend followed me home. Car ran great for sitting for a few years but the tires are scary lol. Date codes of 2008 and cracked to hell. New tires are on the way but we made it home with no incident. Took it easy and used US 12 for most of the trip.

Started by working on the disgusting interior.

Filthy but all there

url=https://ibb.co/Rc1SQhs][/url]

Scrubbed the seats and door panels about 50 times and it seemed like it finally started to come clean. Have to do the carpet still but it's a lot more livable for now.

Then I started working the outside. Car probably hasn't been washed in 5 years at least. Moss growing on the doors lol! Started with a wash, followed by a clay, then Meguairs 105 followed by 205 on my DA polisher. Cleaned and dressed the wheel wheels and wheels and tires themselves and finished it all off with a coat of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

Happy with how it's looking so far. Needs brakes for sure. I'll also change the oil and do a trans service while I'm at it.

As far as further plans? Keep cleaning it up, Drive and enjoy it. No winter service for this one, it's just too clean.

Glad to be back!

George​
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

New tires went on today. Local shop charges 75 for all 4 mounted and balanced, so I can't complain. 15 minutes, love those guys. And before I even had a chance to say anything one of the guys popped the trunk and turned off the air ride. Neither one of us has a clue what the other is trying to say but he knows what he's doing lol.

Obviously had to wash the car and dress the new tires, then it proceeded to pour but oh well.

Tires are very quiet and smooth as can be. I saved the 2 old fronts for spares since they're the newer of the old tires. Has a factory full size so I swapped the original that was on the steelie for one of the old fronts. Tire was at least 12 years newer so it has to be better. Probably.

Comment

Gave it another wash since it poured last night

Also started using this Bluetooth cassette I got on eBay. Has a mic for handsfree calling too, sounds amazing. I was surprised!

Comment

Tossed the engine cover on (I know it's filthy under there, soon lol) also the door handles and the dash trim. I like the matching handles!

[/quote]​

Comment

Swapped in the Homelink garage door opener into my overhead console yesterday

Comment

Did rotors and pads all around the other day. Had a bad rear drivers caliper that I had to replace as well. The drilled/slottededs were cheap and they seem great so far. We'll see how that goes.

Then had to drive to Cleveland for a Union Conference this week. 830 flawless miles with ice cold AC. Can't beat it!

[/quote]​

Comment

Looks like a nice one!
              1990 Country Squire - under restoration
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Congratulations on the great find.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Very nice!
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome back. Nice ride. She’s a beaut.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice looking LX Sport! How many miles on it? Hope you don't have the same rear axle issues I've had on mine.
                      These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Turned out well, although I'm more a fan of that Oldsmobuick. However, I always liked those taillights. Aren't the amber turn signals out back a one year only deal?
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks Guys! Good to be back

FordMan77- 104k on it. I hope not either lol

Derek- I appreciate it. The olds is a favorite of mine, I've probably put almost 13k on it in the 4 years I've had it. I do believe the amber tails were maybe a couple year only thing. I thought maybe 02 as well but I really have no clue lol

Comment

That's impressive. I've had my Firebird for twenty years now and have put maybe 15k on it. That Oldsmo' is real sharp, needs a darkside thread so we can see more of it.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Had a friend's shop fix a scrape on the quarter for me. Old people dents lol

private image hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X